Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ran out of gas and put a gallon of the Sunoco GT100 100 octane gas in the tank.....

...of the snowblower that is. I have a Toro 8.5 HP Its got a 6 speed forward and 2 reverse. I got about 500 more RPM and can throw 60' now instead of 30'!!! I am filling up the neighbors yard as we speak. That sucka's gunna be surprised when he gets home.

No more bogging down. Cuts riiight through that stuff!!!

I just got back in. I'm winded. I was blasting down thw side walk in sixth gear. I almost had to run behind the thing it was crank'n so fast. I almost nailed a rabbit. It ran like hell. The dogs tennis ball is now confetti!!!!!

·
Registered
638 Posts
How many runs do you get before a rebuild?:lol:

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
;) I think if you add a cam, headers and intake and bore the MAF sensor, you'll just have to start that snow blower and the snow will clear off the driveway out of shear terror!!!!!! :p Bill :cheers: HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE! :cheers:

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Damn, the dog better watch out!:D :cheers:

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
you freaks and this "snow" stuff... ;)

:guiness:

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Tamu

My boy played in the National High School All Star game last year in Dallas. When we got to Chicago OHare they told us our flight was cancelled because they had a little sleet in Dallas. We rented a car at 11PM and drove to Dallas. All night, 13 hours. When we got to OK the rain changed in fact to sleet and ice. There was a vehicle off the road every 100 yards. Why can't you people adapt and change your driving style for a snowflake?? We dropped our speed a little but used our Northern Driving skills. No Problem. Only problem was it took 5 days to get our luggage. Had to go buy new underware and socks in Dallas.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Re: Hey Tamu

DJWorm said:
. Had to go buy new underware and socks in Dallas.
I didn't know they sold such things there.:lol: :p

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Ahhhhhhh, I won't believe it till I see the dyno sheets for that snow blower.:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Jim ODeen said:
Good fun to see people in the south drive in snow & ice :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In the mid-atlantic region too!! :lol: DC area comes to a standstill. And ya can't find TP, milk or bread on any store shelves when the weatherman says 3 inches of flurries expected tomorrow! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Who's at a stand still???.....

.....I have 30" on the ground. Spent 4 hours on the 30, 4 on the 31 and 1 yesterday snowblowing. Of Course I'm driving the 5000 lb. 4x4 Suburban. But Nobody's at a stand still here. Kids went to school. wife went to the Mall, I'm at work. NOOOOOOO Problem! 30", so what!!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Anal Drivers

Had 1.5 inches of snow accumulate last night here in Palestine, good thing the schools were out for the holiday break!

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Snow?

What is snow? Oh yeah, that is something all you folks "up there" have to deal with.

As for the driving style, my understanding is that it normally takes you folks a week or so for everyone up there to remember how to drive on ice and snow again also.

Ahh well, I don't have to worry about snow, or ice (most of the time). Just tropical storms and hurricanes. Right now it is sunny and clear outside with temps an un-usually cool with the temparture dropping to 26 (brrr) at night and 45-50 in the daytime. Luckily we'll be back up into the 60's by this weekend. That makes the evening air just perfect for good HP numbers...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts