Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the price of the new Z06-c6 in Canada.

I heard this price between dealership principals yesterday.
In Canada we will only get one version of the Z06-c6, priced at $102,000 CDN. (special fixed options per Canada, no NAV)

To convert the CDN to US, I guess you are looking at around $82,000US for the Z06-c6.

Can it really be this expensive?
;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
There will probably be quite a few sitting on the lots at that price.

For me, I know the 04 price of 78K Cdn was about the max I'd consider for the bang for your buck value.

Now you can guy a slightly used 04 for around 55-60K and put 20K in Mods and still save 22K plus the taxes on the difference.

The 06 has lots of go fast goodies but also questionable styling. Compared to a standard C6 coupe loaded up, It's not worth the extra 30K.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
That's to rich for my blood :screwy:

·
Registered
963 Posts
I would rather pay a bit more and get an M5 or GT3.

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
Apart for the high price us Canucks can't even get Nav systems. Same story when I bought my 02 Z06. That's another BS story.

Last year my wife and I drove a 2004 Honda Pilot with Nav when visiting my sister in KY. Do you think we could get the same vehicle in Canada? Not a chance. All the dealers say the system doesn't cover Canada but there are some aftermarket products available that work real well in Canada and Northern USA just fine. Garim's Street Pilot III for example.

Our vehicle market in Canada is too small to cater to us auto enthusiasts. Not just for new vehicle purchases but also on aftermarket parts. It really ticks me off. I'm glad I have a warehouse in Buffalo, NY.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
My budget goes up that high, and you can't get any other sports car with this car's performance for less than that, but my attitude is "wait and see".

I am going to buy a 2007, or 2008 anyway, if I buy one.

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Melsy said:
If these numbers are close it looks like another ZR-1 fiasco. :roll:
Yeah, you think GM would learn from their mistakes! I must be hard-headed, but I still think it will be WAY less than that!
I guess we'll soon find out. :eek:

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,314 Posts
I think I'll just wait for a used, highly modded 2006 Z06 come up for sale :ity:

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I highly doubt the Z06 is going to come in at 80 big ones. If it does, 1) Dodge will be pleased because that means the Viper can compete on price, 2) Like the Dodge a lot of them will be sitting (and sitting) on lots, because that's too damn much, and 3) My 07 purchase decision will be very easy, because no way I'll pay twice for a Vette what I can get a new Shelby for.

I realliy don't see GM being that stupid...........

·
Registered
54 Posts
I agree with snake. No way is this thing going to be $80... I was in a Chev dealer two weeks ago, they said $70... but were quick to say they had no real facts to base it on. I said no way, I would not pay more than $65 and they said you mean you would pay 65 but not 70. My reply was everyone has their limits....Mine is 60 to 65.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I think it's going to be in the same range as the ZR1 was. My prediction is $74-75K out the door loaded.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
GM engineers swore the car would start at the same price as the cheap Porshce, I forget the model. Anyway, the base for that car is $66k, which gives a base of $66k to the Z06. I have read numerous articles claiming this was the engineers determined price goal, and that they stuck with it.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
Actually just read the base Carrera is $69,300, so I expect the base Z06 to be the same according to what I read. To me, its a steal for what you get. Definitely a steal when compared to the Carrera.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
I don't care how much nicer the interior is, I could give a rat's ass.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I come up with a price lower than $67,399

I come up with a price of $67,399 US.

USA http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette/
CANADA http://www.gmcanada.com/english/home/index.htm
Exch rate: http://www.cme.com/trading/dta/del/globex.html

Exchange rate=.822

Coupe: $C 67,395(.822)=$US55,399
$55,399/$44,510(Coupe base USA)= 1.244

Convertable: $C79,495(.822)=$US65,186
$65,186/$52,245(Vert base USA)=1.247

Z06>>>>> $C102,000(.822)=$US83,844
$83,844=X(1.244) , X=$67,399 US

If true the price is about $67,399 But remember this line in the story:
(special fixed options per Canada, no NAV)

Any options add to the price so it is lower than $67,399.

Check my math!

·
Registered
371 Posts
$102K CDN for a New Z ???

NO WAY :NoNo:

Anyone Paying that Price = Lewd-A-Chris

$65-68 :yeadog:

Don't you just Luv "Price" Threads ??? :mah:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'll bet GM is having a time with the Z pricing. I was in DC last week and apparantly the C6's arn't moving so well. Several ads in the Post classified for new ones for $4-5,000 off MSRP at the dealers. I know the Z is different (got one and love it) but it does set one to wondering........

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
smook said:
This is the price of the new Z06-c6 in Canada.

I heard this price between dealership principals yesterday.
In Canada we will only get one version of the Z06-c6, priced at $102,000 CDN. (special fixed options per Canada, no NAV)

To convert the CDN to US, I guess you are looking at around $82,000US for the Z06-c6.

Can it really be this expensive?
;)
[email protected] Way :eek:o: I just can't see it. Not justifiable in IMHO :NoNo:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts