Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having a problem with the Z misfiring, and had the number 7 fuel injector replaced, and the 02 sensor adjusted, but my check engine light keeps coming on. When I run my codes, I get 10PCM.....1 CODE. What is the power control module? Any suggestions on what it is and what the problem is?

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Im going to guess your getting a P0300 code. If you use a higher scale code reader, it'll tell you which cylinder is misfiring. P0301 or cylinder #1, P0302 for cylinder #2, etc. If you look up your codes, I know in the tech section there is a post that shows what each code means and how to retrieve them. Good luck.

Jim

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Look at the mini fuse I think #14. It is the fuse for the O2 sensor heater. Also when you see 10 PCM 1 code. You have to hit the buttom to read the 1 code to be sure it is an o2 sensor code After that hit reset.There are more than one code dealing with the o2 sensors. Just replacing isn't the fix. 99% of the repair is troubleshooting. How do you adjust a 02 sensor?? WTF

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
O2 slow response. Check the mini fuse in the fuse box by the battery.
It will say o2 heater.
Also look for ANY exhaust leaks around the collectors, cats, etc as that will cause that problem. Clear the codes out before starting cold and then keep checking the display (don't wait for check engine lite)
The light will come on after it sets a code several times BUT the code will read on the display as soon at it appears. If the code appears in the first 5 or so minutes reset and then if it doesn't set again until you start it up again then has something to do with the heater circuit in the 02 as it only works during warm up of the car.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
In any case, an O2 sensor problem should not cause a misfire.

I'd start looking someplace else. The fuel injector harness wire chafing problem is a likely next candidate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts