Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
a guy at work saw a carrera gt with kinesis wheels at a gas station and the owner said they cost $11,000! i thought HRE's were at the top of the price food chain when i got a quote of around $6000 for a set of 840R's.

the guy was probably messing with my buddy, but i'd still like to hear any feedback regarding this company's products. looks like they've got a bunch of porsche and bmw pics on their website, so maybe they're a popular choice among the euro crowd.

just wondering how they measure up against the brands that we on the z06 forums hear a lot about: HRE, CCW, i-Forged, etc...

thanks

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Don't forget about the Porsche tax. Could be true.

Alex

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I didn't come across any pricing on the website, but they look like some nice quality wheels. I have also run into guys with high end cars around here who were also very quick to tell me what thier wheels cost. Young bling bling type of guys, usually.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
There is not a set of wheels worth $11000, period.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
The price of wheels is greater if they are custom sizes or made from lighter material, such as magnesium. For instance, BBS wheels are typically aluminum for street use, as are HRE's, but you can also get them in magnesium in the case of BBS for example.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Good racing wheels can cost $3,500 each and they are not hte usual garbage the public gets. Magnesium, Titaiun and Carbon fiber are the materials of choice today.

Me thinks, however, this guy bent over at his dealer and they inserted an old telephone pole in his *ss, with transformer and climbing pegs. Kinesis run up to about 5-6k for a set. :rofl:

·
Registered
338 Posts
U have to remember that those rims are also special because they only use one giant lug nut. Might be the reason for the cost increase. Last weekend in Vegas I saw a GT with different rims than stock and thought to my self, damn those must cost an arm and a leg.

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
I don't believe Kinesis makes a wheel nearly that expensive. No info on their website about it.

·
Banned
36 Posts
I'd believe it... Kinesis wheels aren't cheap to begin with, add the fact that they were probably magnesium, and they are centerlock wheels and voila!

·
Registered
996 Posts
Grim Reaper said:
Me thinks, however, this guy bent over at his dealer and they inserted an old telephone pole in his *ss, with transformer and climbing pegs. Kinesis run up to about 5-6k for a set. :rofl:
Dang man! Why did you have to be so graphical??? My mind feels all dirty now :lol: :lol:

Geoff

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
NYSEGuy said:
probably magnesium, and they are centerlock wheels and voila!
ok, very true-- i forgot about the fact that that car used centerlocks. i inquired about the price of a centerlock conversion kit once and it was wicked expensive! and magnesium too... with the roads we have in western PA! man, that guy's taking a chance! :screwy: one good sized pothole, of which we have plenty..... i guess if you can buy a CGT though, the cost of replacement wheels is not an issue.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
NavyPhrog said:
There is not a set of wheels worth $11000, period.
If they were a custom set of wheels, they could easily be that much. If you get a one off for a car like that you're going to spend some serious dough. The wheels that Giovanna made for the Enzo were $35,000. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
I'd believe $11K for some wheels on the Carrera GT, everything is insanely expensive on that thing. I think the valve stem dust covers are like $50./piece :lol:

z06_23_45 said:
That's fugly and absurd. I guess in theory one could have million dollar wheels if you encrust the wheels with the crown jewels... :screwy:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts