Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three members running 12.1s at 118 +
Three members are on the verge of 11 second passes and Halltech is behind their efforts.

All three members have made theses passes with just the TRIC or T1 (except for one with headers).

The challange is to hit 11.90s before I do. I will be running our Z06 T-1 in the very near future. It has the HP to run 11s, but I am a bit rusty launching.

Here's the challange:

1st one to break into the 11s without any further mods wins. I will send a special Halltech Shirt with 11 Second Club on the front with the members name and e.t.

We will also send a free T-1 filter to the winner.

Have fun. Drive with care on the street. Kids are back in school.

Jim Hall

·
Registered
837 Posts
Halltech said:
....1st one to break into the 11s without any further mods wins.
Just for clarity sake, does this mean that the cars must remain on stock tires. The push to be first might just provoke someone to put on drag radials or ET streets. So what is the rule: is it stock tires????

Ranger

·
Registered
286 Posts
Tires to be ued

That sounds like fun Jim, what are the tires to be used.... stock? I was also wondering you stated you were sending me a filter to try out and I have heard nothing from you on the matter, is that offer not still standing?

Optic
:cheers:

·
Registered
568 Posts
Oh, of course it is with stock tires!

These guys are barking on 11's with stock meats, so clearly, anything more sticky would push them under.

Now I can't say what would happen if someone with some seriously worn stockers they didn't care much about used traction compound on them. But I think that would be cheating for the purposes of "stockish Z into 11's".

Of course I don't speak for Jim.

But I agree - with this weather we should see some 11's :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Re: 11 Second Challange

Ranger said:

Just for clarity sake, does this mean that the cars must remain on stock tires. The push to be first might just provoke someone to put on drag radials or ET streets. So what is the rule: is it stock tires????

Ranger
Stock tires, stock exhaust. What I am trying to accomplish here is a sub 12 second run, with just the TRIC or T1.

Our customer Jim, from WI, had the T1 with our old filter, so his e.t. should go 11s once he gets the new T1 filter.

Ranger, call Pam and have here send the TRIC Racing filter; It is worth another 5 RWHP over your Wedge. It will be interesting to see if the Wedge has more mph than the new filter, since it was designed to scoop up ram air, but it is a cotton element, which is slightly more restrictive than our new TRIC Race filter.

Sean, has LT Headers, but he lost 6 RWHP with them, so he obviously does not have an advantage.

Jim

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Tires to be ued

OpticZ06 said:
That sounds like fun Jim, what are the tires to be used.... stock? I was also wondering you stated you were sending me a filter to try out and I have heard nothing from you on the matter, is that offer not still standing?

Optic
:cheers:
Check with Pam. We should have yours ready to ship today.

Jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts