Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey I just ran an 11.97 @ 117.9 yesterday at Cecil County, does that put a little phrase underneath my name that say's "11 second club" :D ?

I'll post my time slip by tomorrow :pp: , Its Bone stock and went a hair away from 118(117.97), which the car impressed me,it did that without no cooling time at all, It ran for over 3 hours without cutting even off for a second :thumb: I wish I could say the same about my driving, I just need more practice I guess, or maybe it was me that needed the cooling down :lol: :lol: The 11.97 was with a 1.74 60ft, but it seemed to bog and fall on its face, even my brothers told me that they noticed that and couldnt believe it still ran an 11 second, after that I ran a 1.95 60ft but a 12.09, which I think if I would gotten that 1.74 60ft, it could of gone maybe 11.80s ? Either way it was alot of fun and worth the $35 :jawdrop: to race for a 1.5 hours :eek::

·
Registered
693 Posts
Congrat! That puts you in an exclusive club. Where did you go?

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
landbaron said:
Congrat! That puts you in an exclusive club. Where did you go?
It was Cecil County, I live 5 minutes from Capitol but when I got there they were closed, so some fella racer there told me how to get to Cecil county, it was over an hour away but I already went through the trouble of switching to the DRs plus getting up early on a Sunday, so I had to do it, people do say that track is better then Capitol but with practive I should keep it in the 11s at Capitol as well :pp:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
landbaron, dont mind me, but I just noticed your sig, and Im jealous, are any of those long timers or recent! :coo:

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
When you add your timeslip into the timeslip database...the 11 second thing will show up under your username.

Congrats on running in the 11's! :coo:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
for now I'll post my time slip quoted to show where I see If I could drive it right it would gone 11.80s like I mentioned :blush:

2nd run of the day
60' ... 1.749
330 ... 5.036
1/8 ... 7.756
MPH... 93.56
1000.. 10.052
1/4 ... 11.975
MPH.. 117.96

3rd run of the day
60' ... 1.953
330 ... 5.209
1/8 ... 7.886
MPH... 94.30
1000.. 10.171
1/4 ... 12.099
MPH.. 117.96

·
Premium Member
9,756 Posts
Wow ! That was $35.00 well spent.
Way to go - Congratulations. With a little more practice you'll be in the 11s all day long. :thumb:

·
Registered
693 Posts
COUTO1981: That's great to only be 5 min away. I usually go to MIR but that is 70 miles from me.

I've had the cars in my sig for quite some time. The GTS is finished & we show it numbers correct car). The Cuda has the engine out for a paint job. This one we will drag race. I'll probably retire the ZO6 & road race it when the Cuda is done. The Super Bee is in a box but ready to be painted & be put back together (also a numbers correct car). It takes a long time when it's a hobby. But that's also why it's fun. I don't like working on cars if I have to.

They give me great enjoyment but are nothing in comparision to owning & driving the ZO6. Thx for asking I enjoy talking about them. :thumb:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Congrats on becoming a member of the 11 Second Club. :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
2MchFun said:
Wow ! That was $35.00 well spent.
Way to go - Congratulations. With a little more practice you'll be in the 11s all day long. :thumb:

Yea :yeadog: , some more practive, I was talking to Ben, the other Z06 there, and I told him how I could drive my mustang to like record number for a bone stock mustang, and then when I read the z06 on paper(405hp,400tq, 3100lbs, 295 rear width tires) it just seemed to be a easy run to run amazing numbers bone stock, I was right about one thing, it will run amazing numbers stock, but will not be easy. When I first ran it, I just reved all the way up and pop the clutch(because I thought it would just launch) and I looked like a 16 year boy in a civic(no offense to honda owners) who thought his car was going so fast, and you all know what happened, this was 2.5 years ago, and I didn't track my car ever since until this winter because of the its a brand new car thing, but now I just want to run what Its capable of,just for bragging rights even if I have to hurt her a little! that reminds me, they say the output shafts are weak, how much? and where to go? and what to go with?

BTW, I just told (bragged :pp: )my cousin and he was impressed by car like I was, because when his supra had DRs and only 420rwhp, thats pretty much what he ran :coo:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Nice times :thumb: I definitly need to get some tires!!!

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Congrats :cheers:

·
Registered
882 Posts
COUTO1981 said:
Yea :yeadog: , some more practive, I was talking to Ben, the other Z06 there, and I told him how I could drive my mustang to like record number for a bone stock mustang, and then when I read the z06 on paper(405hp,400tq, 3100lbs, 295 rear width tires) it just seemed to be a easy run to run amazing numbers bone stock, I was right about one thing, it will run amazing numbers stock, but will not be easy.
So care to share a play by play on the 11 sec run? :D

Like did you warm the tires, what rpm did you drop it, what were your shift points, did you run alone or against and anything else of interest? ;)

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well my play by play isnt really clear because Im still practicing, and doesnt matter how much you say you're going to do something one way it doesnt quite work out that way, especially holding at a certain RPM because of the free reving LS6, but I'll give a try:

-Obsviously there was no cool down time(it ran for hours straight!)
-I put the DRs at 18psi
-I did about a 5 second burnout
-I tried to hold the RPMs at 5000 but It left more at like 4500 and bogged the car mostly because I didnt ride the clutch quite right :cry: , I tried to shift as far up as possible to rev limiter, but I wasnt as successful as I could've been, It all happen to fast I cant tell, but I hit the rev limiter into 4th, which slow me down a bit :mah:

-oh I forgot , my Reaction time was like a few seconds :p , I just sat there and tried to get the RPMs right :coo:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
case2307 said:
When you add your timeslip into the timeslip database...the 11 second thing will show up under your username.

Congrats on running in the 11's! :coo:
I added in my profile, but when I try to do it on the timeslip data it just goes to a black page, any help :D

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
robz said:
Very nice run. I'm trying to get a few guys to go down to Cecil soon. Maybe we can meet up with you guys down there. Are Friday nights good?

I have no idea, I have never been there before, I only ever been racing at Capitol and not much, and went to watch events at Budds Creek (MIR), Capitol is five minutes from my house, its not great , but you cant beat that, I basically have as good as trailering a car without having to trailer it :cheers: so any time at Capitol, just let me know, are you going to be at the Corvette shootout on April 2nd up there in Jersey?

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
COUTO1981 said:
I added in my profile, but when I try to do it on the timeslip data it just goes to a black page, any help :D

Could be that it's not working any more...when I added mine, it showed up under my username. :-?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts