Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just timed my car using the g-tech, and the trap speed seems a little bit off. Can someone tell me how much it is off by? Also, I know the best way is to run at the track, but any ideas what I SHOULD be runnin? BTW, my mods are Halltech TRIC, Corsa Indy's, and x-pipe. Thanks.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've gotten similar numbers elapsed times with the G-Tech, but I think my speed was a few mph slower.

I've heard the elapsed time could be a tenth or so slower, but I can't confirm whether this is in fact true. If it is true, this could contribute to a higher speed.

·
Registered
155 Posts
The Gtech measures terminal velocity at the 1320' mark, unlike drag strips where the speed is averaged over the last 60 feet. This causes the Gtech trap speed to be 4-7 mph (a percentage, to be more accurate) higher than the "true" trap speed as measured at the strip. There are some that have used their Gtechs at the strip and gotten a good comparison and may be able to tell you exactly what the difference is. ETs, though, should be pretty close. Oh, good run, BTW! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

1 - 3 of 3 Posts