Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Z06 Master
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my codriver, Eric will be heading to this event bright and early in the morn. 295 drivers registered and 31 of those will be in Z06s :)
I put on 10.5" and 12" CCWs with 315/335 A6s. The grip should be insane!
I'll share some pics and vids ASAP.

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
Looking good! I like your tire rack on the garage wall! :gjob:

I'm sure you both will be at the head of the class for the Z06's entered. :yeadog:

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Go show 'em how it's done Dan! :yeadog: Have fun and be safe!

Jimbo

·
9,755 Posts
Go get 'em Dan! Good luck bro!

·
Z06 Master
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was a great event! The courses were .8 mi long. Eric grabbed the last trophy spot (4th) and I finished 7th out of 13 SSM drivers. This is about what I expected and I'm very glad to not have been DFL.
As far as comparing raw times with other Z06s, he would've been in the top 3rd in the SS class and I would've been mid-pack out of 24 drivers. I can't see going to national tours regularly. Hoosier $$$, 13 hr round trip, 60+ gals of gas, hotel for 2 nights, etc... for less than 6 mins of seat time. It's good to go and see how you measure up though. 95% of the drivers brought their A game for no excuses competition. I like that about tours. I'll probably go back next year after I work on the nut behind the wheel some more. My car weighed 3,073 which is 48lbs under stock and I haven't really started trying to lighten it yet.

Here's some videos. The day 2 ones are my favorite with the rear facing camera.

Eric day 1:
Eric day 2:
Me day 1:
Me day 2:
SSM class battle:

I'll post a video and a few pics of some of the SS cars later.

·
Registered
64 Posts
It was a great event! The courses were .8 mi long. Eric grabbed the last trophy spot (4th) and I finished 7th out of 13 SSM drivers. This is about what I expected and I'm very glad to not have been DFL.
As far as comparing raw times with other Z06s, he would've been in the top 3rd in the SS class and I would've been mid-pack out of 24 drivers. I can't see going to national tours regularly. Hoosier $$$, 13 hr round trip, 60+ gals of gas, hotel for 2 nights, etc...
Glad you had fun and that the fog let up on day 1. Looks like fun. Wish we had room for courses like that up here.

As for the $$$, here's hoping the new RT* classes help with that. I for one will give up the grip and hassle of R's (been there, done that) to run some RS3's.

·
Z06 Master
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As for the $$$, here's hoping the new RT* classes help with that. I for one will give up the grip and hassle of R's (been there, done that) to run some RS3's.
One of the members from my region was there in a SS '07 Vette on RS3s and he was impressed with the grip.

·
Z06 Master
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
what a blast! Dan is the Z Holding up to this with no issues? other than tires?
So far no issues, but I've just started running this car exclusively.
Up until the middle of last year, I was only occasionally autocrossing it locally.
Running road tires will be easier on the suspension and drivetrain. If you're worried about the paint, cover the front fascia, rocker panels and behind the tires with wide painter's tape.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Dan, great seeing you again & meeting Eric.

Keep up the good work on that beast--it looks & sounds AWESOME! (not to mention it's a clean as a pin!)

BTW, thx for getting me back on Z06vette--not sure what happened to my user id & p/w. :gjob:

·
Z06 Master
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dan, great seeing you again & meeting Eric.

Keep up the good work on that beast--it looks & sounds AWESOME! (not to mention it's a clean as a pin!)

BTW, thx for getting me back on Z06vette--not sure what happened to my user id & p/w. :gjob:
It was great hanging with you again, George! I'm glad I got to work the course while you ran. You and the GT-R were gettin' it done!!! That thing is
stupid fast! I would probably get sick if I rode with you.
Congrats on 1st place in SM and enjoy the pair Hoosiers you scored :gjob:
I could tell you miss your Z06s though.

·
Registered
603 Posts
It was great hanging with you again, George! I'm glad I got to work the course while you ran. You and the GT-R were gettin' it done!!! That thing is
stupid fast! I would probably get sick if I rode with you.
Congrats on 1st place in SM and enjoy the pair Hoosiers you scored :gjob:
I could tell you miss your Z06s though.
Yeah, Dan--you'd be right... Miss my MY C5Z AND my JSB C6Z!

Thx for the props--that big Datsun REALLY needs to be rung by its neck to get around those cones quickly--it's too big & heavy for AutoX--what am I thinking??? lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts