Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had a great time @ the race yesterday. took some video with my droid phone. we were hanging around the turn 7 area.

very impressive in person, but the video does not do it justice.

enjoy

was anyone else there? any pics or video?

i know if you didnt have espn3.com - you could not see the race live !! what bs!!

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Yes, I was there from 7:30 am til about 2 pm. Was at turn 3 for a good portion of the morning, then back in the corral til we left.

Great time, fun event, the cars are very impressive.

Went out on the starting grid and shook hands with all 6 of the drivers, wished them good luck for the day, great guys...

Mark

·
9,755 Posts
I wish I could have been there. I watched the 2-hr big network broadcast replay and was very disappointed in their coverage :mah:

Like you said, there is nothing like being there - it is truely awesome. :yeadog:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
we arrived around 3pm - was watching on espn3 before that - got to party @ petron club and club sebring............hung out @ turn 7 and @ the coral area around turn 17.............wish i was still there.......work sucks.........

was really cool after dark.........but we were all confused......what are the 3 lights on the side of some of the cars ?????

someone said it was for the class leaders ???

·
Registered
943 Posts
Yes, lights are for 1 2 and 3 place respectively, actually pretty helpful if noy near a radio or loudspeaker you can hear...

My dad and I go to Road America every year, but I'm so POed at ALMS for not letting SPEED show the actual races or having them on web that we can actually get, I'm seriously thinking of boycotting the race this year.... If I can't watch and see what is going on at the races and know what to look for, why would I want to see one in person?.. Oh, that and I have yet more premonitions that BMW is somehow getting a good deal ... a la Road America where they got a lap lead on yellow because of the P1 car placement on the track, ruining the entire GT race. I don't know... I'm torn as I know it's supposed to be this great series, but it's also screwed up in a few ways...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts