Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GM definitely needs to add the Z06 to the 30+ mpg slogan on there commercials, just got home from Jacksonville from Virginia beach yesterday and through all the hard driving around town ( including showing a nicely turbo'd rx7 what v8 muscle is about) managed to pull out a 31.5 mpg average with the A/C cranking and doing around 75mph home, i am very pleased with my slightly modded Z, funny thing is that between my 3 cars she gets the best gas mileage, ones a 4 cylinder, the other is a inline 5 (05 Colorado). :yeadog:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Nothing like having the best of both World's :thumb: :thumb:

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
Great gas mileage! I usually get around 27 to 29 mpg running at 80 through the desert with the a/c on and going up the Laguna Mountains (4130 ft) to see my son in San Diego, Ca.
These Z's are unbelievable....horsepower and great gas mileage!!!! What more could anyone want? :yeadog: :yeadog: :yeadog:

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
illmac77 said:
GM definitely needs to add the Z06 to the 30+ mpg slogan on there commercials, just got home from Jacksonville from Virginia beach yesterday and through all the hard driving around town ( including showing a nicely turbo'd rx7 what v8 muscle is about) managed to pull out a 31.5 mpg average with the A/C cranking and doing around 75mph home, i am very pleased with my slightly modded Z, funny thing is that between my 3 cars she gets the best gas mileage, ones a 4 cylinder, the other is a inline 5 (05 Colorado). :yeadog:
Hmmm...driving styles:

I drove 247 miles over the 4th between Houston and Galveston and observed the following stats:

-Air conditioner set to 68 degrees F
-Avg speed = 82.4 mph
-Max speed of 147 mph
-9.11 mpg avg. on 93 octane
-427 C5R motor with Ractronix fuel delivery system
-#42 Delphi injectors
-3.90 Rockland differential

·
Registered
520 Posts
Ummm 9mpg??? I talked to a few H/C's and they get around 16mpg. I didn't know the big step up cost so much more in fuel. Gas prices around Houston are in the 2.50 territory and its stinging just a little.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
illmac77 said:
managed to pull out a 31.5 mpg average with the A/C cranking and doing around 75mph home
Awesome, ain't it? 'specially with $2.40/gal gas.

People who don't know much about Vettes are always shocked when I mention that the car gets ~ 30 MPG on the highway. Heck, my 4 cyl 2.5L econobox barely does that.

·
Registered
498 Posts
lol, you guys are just finding this out. I posted couple weeks ago about this. Even my lexus don't even come close.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
When I went to Andy's BBQ, I averaged about 26.5mpg. In total it was about 2000 miles. This included running around town, 140mph + blasts, and setting the cruise at 105 for a couple of hours coming back from Cali. I was averaging over 20mpg at that speed. That's pretty funny. What is even funnier is that I was following a Hyundai Tiburon.

·
Registered
142 Posts
1100 mile trip from Los Angeles to Seattle. Steady cruise at 75mph the whole way. Computer said 26.5 mph for the entire trip. You guys getting close to 30 and above while stomping on it and going over mountains...wow. :roll:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Got 27.5 overall going to Road America and back. I was above 30 for a short time, but with warm up, riding around the outside of the track,sitting in traffic jams (50 minutes) and occasional runs through the toll booths:), 27.5 doesn't seem too bad!

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
My new E Class Mercedes gets over 35 mpg. (CDI) for those of you who don't know what a CDI Mercedes is ........it's a turbo diesel.

·
Registered
891 Posts
My average is about 16 MPG on the DIC. Thats for about 2,000 miles of diving to work, driving to track & on track WOT. :yeadog:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts