Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Z06 Master
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I jumped on the opportunity to co-drive with Scott Hurley in his '04 Z16. My only concern was being rusty having only autocrossed 3 times in the last year with only one event in a Z06 and the other two in my ITR.
I had two goals. One was to have fun and the other was to not finish DFL.
Both were achieved! I got to hang with fellow member Christian "Mokkan" and some other people I've met over the years at autocrosses as well as meet some new peeps. Scott showed up around 2:00 and I'd already did my course work and purchased 3 TNT run tickets. I burned one of my tickets taking a run in my friends LS1 S2000. Well worth giving up one run in the Z06. That thing is a blast weighing in at 2,6xxlbs and 360 whp.
Scott had put some nearly heat cycled out tires on the front of the car and it was still pretty planted. Saturday comes around and we've got much better fronts on. I make my three runs chopping .7 off on my 2nd run and another .7 off of my 3rd run. I end up 13th out of 18 for the day.
I was .7 to 2.5 secs behind the top 3 drivers.
Sunday comes around and I feel much more connected with the car. It's pretty much the same course only ran CCW.
First run I take out a cone. 2nd run I chop 3.3 secs off! 3rd run another .7! This is much closer to what the fast kids are running only 1.2 to 1.5 behind the top 3 drivers. My time was 10th for the day. Due to my not so great Saturday time I still ended up 13th. This is better than what I was expecting to do though and far from DFL.
Scott finished 7th just barely missing the last trophy spot and Christian finished 10th.
Anyway enough talk. Here's some videos:

My day 1 best:

My day 2 best:

Scott day 1 best:

Scott day 2 best:

Hopefully Christian has some videos he can share too.

·
9,755 Posts
Great job as always Dan!
Thanks for sharing

·
Z06 Master
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was great to see you there, Dan! The whole event was fantastic and I'm glad we dodged the rain. I'm jealous of your chance to drive a commemorative '04. I've always loved those.
Cool videos, Christian! Very smooth inputs. Thanks for posting them up :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts