Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I find one that fits the 04' Z06? I've looked many places online and some lump the 04' in with the other vettes and some don't. I've been told the 04' is different. But I can't find a 160* thermostat by anybody to replace my stock unit. Somebody help.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I was looking for one for my 03 and found this at Tbyrne, it has some diffrent part number for '04s, I think you have to get that plus the thermostat, not sure, you can contact one of the sponsors here and they'll tell you, heres a link to tbyners catalog for the stat

http://www.tbyrnemotorsports.com/c5/c5ignition.html

actally I just read it again and the 04s only use the stat with the stock housing which makes it much cheaper

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I've heard that putting a 160 stat is not advisable for LS1/LS6 engines...thought I'd throw that out there

·
Registered
296 Posts
I've got a 170 stat, but I had to buy the housing also (even though I didn't need it) as that was the only way they would sell me the tstat.

I don't think the vendor is a supporting member, but if you want to know where I bought mine, just e-mail me.

By the way, you will have to buy a controller or a tune to have the fans come on early before it will do any good.

augydog :z:

·
Registered
372 Posts
The 04 has a drop in Tstat like the old cars. WCC has them ask for John. I choose the 180 and is cruises right at 181 in 80 degree weather on the fwy. Around town is no different unless you adjust the fan turn on/off points.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts