Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just caught the tail end of the story coming back from lunch but apparently somewhere in N Fla a guy on a two wheeled rice rocket got nabbed for 167MPH. He got 30 days in the pokey, $500 fine, 200 hours of community service, loss of license for one year and I think that they confiscated his ricer.

Moral of the story -> don't get caught /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Makes me wonder how they caught him /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Vince

·
Registered
156 Posts

On 2001-07-25 16:21, Muckdogs spewed forth this drivel:
I just caught the tail end of the story coming back from lunch but apparently somewhere in N Fla a guy on a two wheeled rice rocket got nabbed for 167MPH. He got 30 days in the pokey, $500 fine, 200 hours of community service, loss of license for one year and I think that they confiscated his ricer.

Moral of the story -> don't get caught /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Sounds like a buddy of mine. Got caught on a rice rocket doing a wheelie in the emergency lane while going 100mph. He went to jail and got a ticket. It was written on the ticket "obitual driving", as in "obituary". Kinda funny in a sick sorta way...

Speed kills

T

·
0 Posts

On 2001-07-25 16:45, Manatee spewed forth this drivel:
Makes me wonder how they caught him /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Vince
The cops spang a chopstick roadblock on him and left a bunch of fortune cookies by the side of the road./phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

See if he had bought an American product, none of that would have happened, but since he did not, I hope his cellmates are really really friendly /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

John

·
Registered
13 Posts
Actually it was a story in Tuesdays Chicago Sun Times.The idiot got clocked on Lake Shore Drive just north of the loop. After he got his ricer out of the pound he actually had the balls to leave the yard on only his rear wheel.

·
Registered
619 Posts
From experience, those things are FUN! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

167 /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_confused.gif That's it.

175 on I-75.....no cops, 2:00A.M. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Never again witout a radar. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the clarification Stevo, I only caught the end of the story and figured it was a Florida based idiot and not really a national news item.

Second moral of the story -> You wanna play? You gotta pay! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
32 Posts
i read an article in our paper a couple months back of a guy doing 160MPH ina 35MPH zone. yikes! the police were at first dumbfounded but they got the guys attention and the guy just pulled over. i dont know what he got.

·
Registered
345 Posts
True story:

I was coming home on my BMW K-100 from a Naples FL vacation about 5 years ago when a lady in a white mustang started weaving in and out of her right lane on I-75 North. Traveling at 65 MPH in the left lane, I pulled up next to her to observe her reaching for something on the floor of her passenger side. I then looked back in my lane and saw that the van in the lane in front of me had crammed on its brakes. With no time to react, I totaled my cycle on the bumper of the van and blew out the whole back hatch of safety glass and was inserted to mid-sternum in the back window frame of the Plymouth Voyager. I fell back out and tumbled to a stop on the edge of the medium. I stood up, took off my helmet and said, "Whew, that happened fast!" My wife and sons were behind me and saw the whole thing. An eighteen-wheeler following her, skidded to within six inches of her vehicle. Other than a little road rash on my left side I had no injuries at all. Needless to say, God is still in the miracle business. Makes you wonder what else you are supposed to do.....

I am a sports car man now although our medical research team is thankful for all of the liver samples we get from murdercycles AND if I ever go 167 MPH on a highway and something goes very badly, the undertaker will surely now have a little more to work with.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts