Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am talking about HPDE with 17" rear rims. Anybody have real tech on this issue? I have heard this, but don't understand why.

TIA...

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I beleive that if you keep the same overall tire diameter that there will be no issues with the traction control or vehicle stability system.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I and every other T1 drivers uses 17x11 rear wheels, CCW and Kodiak most common brands, and have no issues with AH/TC (which I have used many times).

As David said, most important thing is to keep the overall tire diameter within a couple percent of stock.

Stock front diameter is 25.4" front, 26.1" rear.

The 315/35-17 tire I run on 17x11 rear is 25.4" in diameter, or about 2.7% shorter than stock. :cheers:

·
Registered
350 Posts
I just rented my car out to a student over this past weekend to get his SCCA license. He ran with the Traction Control on the whole time and had no issues. I run Kodiak 17" all around with the 315s on back.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
I believe the general rule of thumb is, as long as you keep the overall tire diameter within 2% to 3% you will not have any problems. :cheers:

·
Registered
49 Posts
When I run with 285/30/18s...24.6 inch diameter in the rear, I have to turn the computer off because it thinks the rear tires are spinning! But the car thinks it has a 3.70 rear and boy can it accellerate! FWIW

1 - 6 of 6 Posts