Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, got them mounted and balanced at Nu Image Motorsports today. Stacy did an excellent job once again. The wheels are a new design from iForged called the Daytona and it is part of their new Xtreme Lip Technology line. This allows for a 2.5" lip in front that will still clear big brakes, and a 4" lip out back which looks FLAT OUT KILLER!

Due to a national back order on the Continental CS2's, I was forced to go with Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2's which rate superior in every measurable category, but are only available in 265 & 295 widths as opposed to the 275 & 305 widths from Continental. I was concerned with the tires "stretching" over the wheels, but after seeing the mounted product, I am 100% happy with the forced decision....it was a blessing in disguise.

Here are some pics after I slapped them back onto the car:

·
Registered
18 Posts
These cars are meant for 20's. So you lose a little straight line performance...I'll trade the look of the 20's for that little traction loss. I think it looks silky. I like your ride height also. Could you tell me how you got to that height. I.E. how much thread is showing on the bolts.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Sweet :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Oh my... those are hot. What a great alternative to the ultra-expensive HREs. Feel free to just keep taking pics! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
VERY badass looking car. Looks like those'll firm up the ride some, though. iForge makes a great wheel that's an analogy of our Z's i.e. great bang for the buck.

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Looks great.

How much do fhe tyre and wheel combos weigh?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Black is Beautiful.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys. I am really happy with the way these came out.

ovalbowtie, I am on coil-overs...dunno how that translates to the stock height adjustment bolts, but you can definitely get that stance w/o coil-overs, as I didn;t max it out at all.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
One of the sickest Vettes I've ever seen EFI. You always show stop when you post pics of that car on this site. Very impressive. Sweeeeeeeeetttttt!!!!!!! :z:

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Richie..that means a lot coming from someone with a ride like the one in your sig!

Mahalo, Dave

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
That thing looks fantastic. :yeadog:

·
Registered
967 Posts
That's got to be one of the nicest looking Z's I've seen....

Nice work! :jammin:

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
I can see those rims ending up on my C6Z, but I can't go for the 20's. How can you get any traction with them?

·
Registered
3,040 Posts
I'll tell you how, Nitto needs to get that tire size in production, thats how!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Holy crap. Wow. That looks sick, Dave. I've never seen such a low-profile tire as that! Amazing.

Keep that thing FAAAAR away from curbs!

And yes, please take some more pics.

-Kirk

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Amazing dude! Those look...amazing!!! :z: :jammin:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts