Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad's 65 has electric pop up headlights...One is stuck. He not being so mechanically inclined, is hesitant to follow the manual and pop it up himself - I'm 200 miles away.

Q: Can someone post how to pop a headlight up manually on a 65 vette so I can talk him through it?? THANKS..

OK, here's the relation to Z06 Forum....He's driving me down in his 65 to the NCM THIS WEEK to get my new JSB Z!! This could make all the difference! If we can get down there in his vette, man will that make for some great pics and memories.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
847 Posts
Going by long-term memory here but I think there's knorled metal knobs on each headlight motor you can turn to rotate the lights. Guess the nylon gears gave out. If that's the problem, they can be replaced with bronze ones or new nylon. I think there's a few places to get them as well as the motors if they turn out to be bad.

Good luck.

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
Going by long-term memory here but I think there's knorled metal knobs on each headlight motor you can turn to rotate the lights. Guess the nylon gears gave out. If that's the problem, they can be replaced with bronze ones or new nylon. I think there's a few places to get them as well as the motors if they turn out to be bad.

Good luck.
On my C3's there was a metal knob you could manually put them up.

Is there a hose leak? Maybe take the air cleaner off and you might see it? You can always trim the hose and put it back on.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THANKS! We got it. As I suspected, it was about as hard as openning the hood and looking at it...It is the metal wheel thingy as discribed, and it's electric so I think the hose may not apply. It may be the switch as it is intermittent, but I'll check the plastic wheel when I see him. Thanks again for your help..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts