Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Jim Hall announced on May 4th that they will release on May 5th their NEW Stinger Intake.

This intake was specifically engineered & designed for the C6 Z06 but is applicable to and will fit the C6 LS2 engine as well.
It has a huge filter and is twice as large as a Donaldson. These flow 30% better than the OEM C6 Filter and require ECM reprogramming to use all the availble HP & Tx increase.

They also have CF/Tecnesium cobra ducts in Red, Blue & Yellow but not shown on the web site. Technesium is a Magnesium impregnated CF. These look fantastic.

The reason Technesium was used is because the US Military is scooping up all the available CF to rearmor their HumVee's.
Technesium is slightly heavier than pure CF but just as strong and looks great especially when colored. Naturally a silver color, think of it as a metalflake/candy color when dyed.

They will also introduce a Ram Air version of the Stinger intake to be used with the C6 Z06 hood inlet next month. This is currently in development and testing.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
DJWorm said:
They will also introduce a Ram Air version of the Stinger intake to be used with the C6 Z06 hood inlet next month. This is currently in development and testing.
I like that part best.

LG you need to start working on some big tube 1 7/8 to 2" headers :yeadog:

·
Registered
864 Posts
And I bet itwill add 25-40 horsepower. :NoNo: It's unfortunate that the first couple years of aftermaket parts for a car have to be tested on the public to see if they actually work. The manufacturures should be doing this. Though they all say they do, it just doesn't seem to come out that way in real life.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually Hall's predicting a 10-14 HP increase and I think they have the dyno run's to back it up. That is if you buy the programming along with the filter and intake.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
DJWorm said:
Actually Hall's predicting a 10-14 HP increase and I think they have the dyno run's to back it up. That is if you buy the programming along with the filter and intake.

Z06 dyno? I have never seend a dyno sheet for a new Z06 any info?

·
Registered
179 Posts
DJWorm said:
As there is NO C6 programing available a non issue, and a 2006 Z06 program, thats only in a Marx bros film, (A Day At The Races)
Considering the past with this vendor, must question (A) support with the product, as some one to answer the phone. And (B) claims with a vehicle that is not availible presently.
So not to be advisary about these claims question them as on my personal experience with them from the past 2 years of dealing with them. And base that on my calling them when the phone was disconected here in California, with no forwarding phone number, sorry not a way to do buisness with a marketer of your product, let alone a hot rod Corvette customer. As they immediatley go to the Dark Side when that occurs. And as the old saying goes "anything thats to good to be true, usually is".
Sorry never picked up where he is now?
So just a word of advise, check out this horse-power before you saddle up.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The dyno sheet is on Hall's C6 LS2. Expect the LS7 with Ram Air Stinger to enjoy a little more HP/Tx.

This is the first programming advertised for the C6 LS2 and expected for the C6 Z06 LS7. Just because WCC doesn't offer it doesn't mean it doesn't exsist or can't be done.

And for some one who promised to become a Supporting Vendor "next Monday" over 4 weeks ago....Tonto speaketh with forked tongue.

Ante up or shut up...otherwise don't be Anti.

Hall offers great support for his products and his products work as advertised...probably some of the best intakes on the market today. He's in Wisconsin now. His move was well publisized.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
DJWorm said:
The reason Technesium was used is because the US Military is scooping up all the available CF to rearmor their HumVee's.
Technesium is slightly heavier than pure CF but just as strong and looks great especially when colored. Naturally a silver color, think of it as a metalflake/candy color when dyed.
that's got to be the stupidist thing i've ever heard. who fabricated that fantastic bullsh!t?

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not sure what you are referring to as BS. CF is in short supply right now and hard to get. The military and military contractors are scooping up all they can get. I have tried to order some small quantities and have been told the same thing by a number of suppliers.

There is a similar material being used in England on some F1 seats called Texalium...similar in composition to the Tecnesium fibre compound.

Here are links to 2 of the seats, a single skin CF and a double skin CF/Texalium
http://reverie.ltd.uk/shop/products.php?p=a9971a
http://reverie.ltd.uk/shop/products.php?p=de6e6f

·
Registered
179 Posts
DJWorm said:
The dyno sheet is on Hall's C6 LS2. Expect the LS7 with Ram Air Stinger to enjoy a little more HP/Tx.

This is the first programming advertised for the C6 LS2 and expected for the C6 Z06 LS7. Just because WCC doesn't offer it doesn't mean it doesn't exsist or can't be done.

And for some one who promised to become a Supporting Vendor "next Monday" over 4 weeks ago....Tonto speaketh with forked tongue.

Ante up or shut up...otherwise don't be Anti.

Hall offers great support for his products and his products work as advertised...probably some of the best intakes on the market today. He's in Wisconsin now. His move was well publisized.
DJ,
Must admit, a forked tongue, and will ante-up. And my appologizies for not.
However was never informed about their move by them and must admit Jim is a more personable guy you will ever meet, as my only gripe was getting product and some one to talk to with an issue. Again will definatly sponser this neat group of the Corvette hard core hi-perf enthusiate of which I'm heap proud to be here.
If you are at Bloomington Gold please stop bye and say Hi.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts