Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1st Annual PanzerLager Garage Party/Open House

27K views 441 replies 56 participants last post by  blkZ06 
#1 · (Edited)
PanzerLager Opening

SPRINGFEST 2005
Announcing the First (Annual ? :D) Garage (PanzerLager) Mod/Social Fest Saturday 7 May 2005
for the MidAtlantic and Northeast Regions to be held at Shadowwalk in Fairfax Station Virginia

After the extended time it took to get my monster garage built we will finally have the first Open house/mini mod party. The pain of building this is detailed in this thread http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65407&highlight=garage+update .

Essentials Elements of Information:
-The date of the event will be Sat 7 May 2005 from 0900-1700 - Location Fairfax Station Virginia in the Washington DC area.
- Rain date is the following Sat 14 May.
-Concept is to duplicate the Five0 Joe Mod party type of format when he was doing it at home.

I expect based on previous comments from members on this site to have people from the states of VA/MD/WVA/PA/NJ/NY/NC stopping by. Mods will have to be minor this time due to the potential number of people coming and I have limited hardstand room. I plan on having another get together later this summer for the more local guys. I plan on grilling food so you must RSVP to me if you wish to come.
Please bring your own folding chair

Some of you coming from out of town may consider coming to the National Capital area early and making a mini vacation out of the weekend.

PM me on the site since there will be a lower chance of hitting my spam filter with a email message. I will then give you my address.

General tools available:
wrenches , sockets, numerous air tools, floor jacks, jack stands, Rhino ramps, high pressure sprayer(wash and wax your car while you are here), vacuum brake fluid apparatus, multiple electrical drills and saws, rags etc.

MODS TO BE DONE

dwjZ06 install (CAI) cold air induction system
mjustmike PIAA install, bezels,DRM ducts
MrKool lower,rocker panel savers,read ceramic pads, 04 shocks
BlkZ06 DRM ducts install
zeroz06 rocker panel savers and roller rockers
auturox2 DRM ducts install

DOOR PRIZES:
Two Hurst shifters
One GM C5 bra for front end of car
IVO stickers
405 HP Z06 Exhaust plate
Vette Essentials small items
Adam's Premium Car Care Products
plus....? you will have to come to find out :D

CONCEPT OF OPERATIONS
1. People wishing to do car mods should communicate with panzer in advance so a plan can be setup for tools and workspace. Special tool requirements should also be made known.
2. If you wish to mod arrive around 0900 ( the time will quickly slip away while you are talking with all the other bros).
3. I plan to start BBQing at 1145 with completion of food consumption around 1245.
4. Door prize drawing at 1300
5. Banner picture after door prize drawing
6. 1700 formal completion of event.
7. I plan on cruising down to the weekly Burger King show at 1530 with as many cars that wish to accompany me. We may move this up if mods are completed and we are bored.
8. The roads within Shadowwalk are all private i.e. not public. Therefore please keep me out of trouble with my neighbors and do not lay patches of rubber on the roads and do not do excessive revving of engines. Go slow within the area.

Concurrent activities:
-sitting around and talking about cars
-croquet setup in back yard
-take a stroll through beautiful Shadowwalk
-802.11g/b network available for internet connectivity
-help your fellow bros even if you are not doing any mods, you might learn something :z:

ATTENDEE LIST:
panzer & Kathy------------1 Z06 & 2 Stingray-----VA
Ed Hatton ---------------- 1 Viper-----------------VA
1BDASS-Z and Brother------2 Z06's-----------------VA
dwjZ06 & son--------------1 Z06------------------MD
Mjustmike------------------1 Z06------------------MD
Couto1981 -----------------1 Z06------------------MD
Javelin--------------------- 1 Vette----------------VA
NVGRWUP-------------------1 Z06------------------MD
Cobra4B and guest---------- 1 Z06------------------VA
Msiska(mod)-& Britt--------- 1 ? surprise us--------MD
bigguyZ06 and friend --------1 Z06-----------------VA
2MchFun --------------------1 Z06-----------------VA
GClausen-------------------- 1 Z06-----------------VA
blkZ06--(moderator & queen)-1 Z06-----------------WVA
Bigg Lee and guest-----------1 Z06-----------------NY
Bob-------------------------1 Z06------------------VA
1320in11--------------------1 Z06------------------VA
zeroz06---------------------1 Z06------------------VA
Landbaron-------------------1 Z06------------------VA
zohhhsix---------------------1 Z06------------------VA
Keith McGann & guest--------1 Z06------------------VA
Troy Nicks-------------------1 Z06------------------VA
Mr.Kool----------------------1 Z06------------------VA
RNelson ---------------------1 Z06------------------VA
Dragon---------------------- 1 Z06------------------WVA
Bleubyu----------------------1 Z06------------------VA
arturox2---------------------1 Z06------------------VA
Jamie Furman-----------------1 Z06 or Viper----------VA
Woods-----------------------1 Z06------------------VA
KevinG & wife----------------1 Z06-------------------VA
C5pilot-----------------------1 Z16------------------VA
ksett------------------------1 Z06------------------VA
Mark Cooper------------------1 Viper----------------VA
AlohaC5----------------------1 C5 supercharged-----VA
bowtiebandit------------------- ??-------------------MD
Jim-------------------------1 66 Charger R/T--------VA
Billy----------------------57 Chevy Street Rod-------VA
Don Sr.------------------1 Buick Grand National------MD
IVOZ06-----------------------1 Hoe-----------------VA
Subdriver-------------------------------------------TN

Totals: 30 Z06's 2 C5's 2 Viper's 3 Classic's
IVOZ06's Hoe :lol:

LOGISTICAL ANNEX

Individuals should bring:
a significant other or friend
folding chair
modders should bring an additional set of clothes to change into in case you get excessively dirty while working

MENU
Burgers-Buns-cheese
hot dogs-buns
Don Benson beef sticks
Spare RIbs
Baked BBQ beans
veggie tray
portion packs of different chips etc
soft drinks coke-diet coke-pepsi-root beer
bottled water
cookies
sheet cake

DISCLAIMER/RULES: Only invited members of this site and their guests and friends of the host panzer are invited/welcome. (Don't want strangers off the street :) )
If you wish beer you must bring your own for your own consumption due to the obvious liablilities of mixing a high performance car with a party and alcohol.

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
Last spring I drove from here to the Long Island Hooters get together (mid Long Island) attended the event and drove home the same day. Plug in Fairfax Station VA into Mapquest.com to get the distance and relative time (non Z06 speeds ;) ) to my place.

#9 · (Edited)
agentf1 said:
How long of a ride do you suspect it is from Phila area?
I used Mapquest from Philly to DC and it is 136 miles at 55mph ;). I am on the southwest side of the national capital area in Northern Virginia. Ball park number would be three hours or less if you are travelling at speed with other Z06's. :thumb:

#10 ·
COUTO1981 said:
Thanx, I think Mike (mjustmike) told me about it, I think that was the one he was talking about,not sure!
Yes Mike Martin is a good friend, it probably was.

#11 ·
Hey Ed,

Count me in. If you need some money for food or want us to bring something to add to your first mod party then let us know. Very nice of you to offer up your place. I might not be able to catch Joe's this year. Take care, Don

#12 ·
Great news Ed!!
I know this has been a real chore for you but well worth the efforts!! I'll hook up with Don (dwjZ06) and Luis (couti1981) for the drive over!! I should definately have the baby back by then!!

#15 ·
Looking forward to it. I'll give you an official RSVP as the date gets closer.

I wish you already had a lift in because I still have a set of headers to put on and I've not been to keen on crawling under to put them on. Must be an age thing. :blush:

#16 ·
landbaron said:
Looking forward to it. I'll give you an official RSVP as the date gets closer.

I wish you already had a lift in because I still have a set of headers to put on and I've not been to keen on crawling under to put them on. Must be an age thing. :blush:
You don't want to put them on from the ground, trust me on this. I have installed them four times so far.

#24 · (Edited)
DATE CHANGE

An unplanned work related issue has popped up I have to slip the event one week till 7 May. Hopefully this will enable two members that had conflicts to come. Sorry but we will have this party :D :z: :z: :z:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.