Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do you guys shift from first at? Today I was trying to shift at 6 grand; low and behold the rev limiter kicks in, I was having quite a bit of wheel spin and believe that the tach could not keep up. 2nd gear and up is not an issue either. I let the asphalt have it today; but failed to find the abuse eprom :lol:
On one spirited run, I hit third and my AZZ end was hanging left for about 40 feet with Competition mode on, heck that was fun. Gave her a bath and put her up for the week. The garage Queen is now at rest.:p

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Z06_2002,
These Z's get to that rev limiter PDQ in first and second gear. What, works for me is, watching the tach on the HUD and shifting to the next gear when the shift light comes on (6250RPM).You have to pay close attention to the light when it first comes on, then upshift. when I do this I usually also have it in comp. mode.

carzzy

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you carzzy, I will try the HUD next time.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Z06_2002

On the 40' off azz hangin out.............. when you hit third, I assume you were powershifting??.
Please elaborate......thanks:)

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Hehe. I remember Frank and I had a huge disagreement before this forum on the spinning in third thing........ :)

JC

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That would be correct :lol: Never had time to let off the gas I was trying to catch up with an older Viper after making a U turn but to no avail.:cheers:

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
That

Splain's it then LUCY........................:D :D
I'm surprised your abuse mgmt system didn't kick your butt................:eek: :eek:

·
Registered
638 Posts
I power shifted into third and the ass was squirly, but still very controlable, even though it caught me by surprise.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
02ZO6 said:
I power shifted into third and the ass was squirly, but still very controlable, even though it caught me by surprise.
Just wait til you spin on the 4th gear shift and the ass hangs out.

:D

It happened to me a few times on the street, but I really didn't expect it to happen at the drag strip too. Scared the piss outta me.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
You guy's R

2 Much..................:lol:
You are SURPRISED........you're AZZ is hanging out??.......and you are POWERSHIFTING on the streets???????...........
What else do you expect.........best keep it in CDM, or your AZZ will be going ahead of your HOODS:lol: :lol: :lol: :D

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I _NEVER_ powershift my car. Quick, even fast shifts, but I don't slam it ever. I bet if I did, it would really hang out.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
4th gear Azz hang out

Mike, you must be laying down a LOT of ponies.......mine would never do this, even in 2nd or 3rd..................
What is your dyno #'s............and rwtq??

BTW, maybe we have a communication problem here.......
My definition of a powershift is keeping the throttle wide open, while changing gears.........hopefully VERY quickly........:eek:

Are we on the same page??.
"02, and I are...........

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Re: 4th gear Azz hang out

ZO6LS6 said:
Mike, you must be laying down a LOT of ponies.......mine would never do this, even in 2nd or 3rd..................
What is your dyno #'s............and rwtq??

BTW, maybe we have a communication problem here.......
My definition of a powershift is keeping the throttle wide open, while changing gears.........hopefully VERY quickly........:eek:

Are we on the same page??.
"02, and I are...........
Yeah, thats a power shift, I always back off the gas enough to not bang the synchros, but still shift fast. I'm only making 333/333

see: http://www.garfias.org/~mike/z06/dynorun-sum.jpg

That is, of course, SAE corrected. My car really doesn't seem to be that strong. The one time I took her to the strip, I was only pulling 108-109 trap speeds (don't ask about the ET - I had shitloads of wheel hop (through 1st, at the 2nd shift, and at the 3rd shift, and didn't know how to launch properly).

I guess I should add that my car will only do this while the weather is cold, or I have at least a partial load of race fuel. The timing-retard cuz of shitty 91 octane is a bitch.

The only reason I figured out I was spinning on the street was the traction control indication on the DIC. The strip was a whole other story though, TC/AH was off, and the ass stepped out in a big way - scared the crap out of me. Going sideways at 100mph is not my idea of fun.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Mike

Understood........affirmative.............

Ranger has had a LOT of 4th gear azz stepping out on the 1/4................

I have not been lucky enough to find out WHERE mine will go.............

Only know, NOT to the wall.....................

Guess I need to call Capt. James T Kirk.........U.S.S Enterprise..........:p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts