Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
***** Below is NOT correct **** See post a bottom of this thread ******

Here is the 1st Z06 (VIN 100) to go down the production line, actual assembly, not hand built. They have produced 22 (100-122) for line checkout. I was going to sit in it and get a Z06Vette.com Banner shot but as you can see in the last pic there was a crowd. However it will be at the NCM tomorrow all day so I will get some more pics.

Also Dave Hill will present the Z06 at the NCM here at the CorvetteFourm Cruise-in

BAD NEWS...These 1st 22 will be crushed :mah:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Great info and pics thanks...on that first pic is there a black diffuser across the bottom of the front facia or is that just the reflection off the ground on the blue paint...cant exactly tell.

·
Registered
101 Posts
At the C5/C6 Bash they changed the front brake inlet at the splitter. I see this car also has the modified brake inlets.

Could someone ask if that is the design going into the production cars?

Thanks!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Can you imagine being the button pusher for the crusher? I wonder if they can be bribed? Do they set it up like a firing squad? Where there are 5 buttons, but only one activates the crusher?

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Nice pics George! :thumb: Would you tell Dave Hill that I have a crusher in my garage? Thanks! :sneaky: :thumb:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Man that blue looks HOT! :jawdrop:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Blue is sweet, :jammin: Why is it that they crush them, I guess to safety purposes but why not sell them to 22 lucky people to use them offroad racing ect :-? I would take one for $30k and no warranty :jammin:

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
The automakers crush pre-production cars mainly due to liability issues. With so many Government emission & safety issues, that until the car is built & certified to meet all the requirements, they crush them.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Zippy said:
The automakers crush pre-production cars mainly due to liability issues. With so many Government emission & safety issues, that until the car is built & certified to meet all the requirements, they crush them.

I know it was some bull like that but heres to wishing :guiness:

·
Premium Member
9,756 Posts
Zippy said:
What a crime. :cry:
I'm with Luis - I'll take one with no warranty for 30k and sign a waiver.

This is what happens when you live in such a litigious society.

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
BAD NEWS...These 1st 22 will be crushed :mah:

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
BAD NEWS...These 1st 22 will be crushed.

What a waste. Give them to some Technical Schools, like they did with some of the early ZR1's. :bang:

·
Premium Member
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
**** What I posted above is NOT CORRECT.... I will revise in a NEW POST. After talking/listening to DAVE HILL the #'s and disposition is WRONG :( :(

George

1 - 19 of 19 Posts