Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally had a chance to run my stock 01 Z06, no mods except for the kirban. Temperature was in high 70s to mid 80s. Track was in good condition. This was the Extreme Corvette shoot out at Texas Motorplex in Ennis, TX. This was my first time ever at the track and the best run was 12.59.

There wasn't that many Z06 out there, only about 4. I'm very happy with my time, and all credit goes to this impressive Z06. Inexperience driver, first time ever at the track, and the Z slap down a 12.59 stock. Most of my other runs was 12.6 and 12.7.

I also have the GTECH times on some of those runs. It was a little off as you can see.

:cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
ddle

Great job!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To never have run on a strip before, you done real good!!!!!
I am amazed, at the times the stock '01's put down, I can only guess that some of the 02's will be in the 11.50 range.....with a little practice..........
High 11.00's, and mid 12.00's for the '01 is great........we couldn't ask for more......:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
96 Posts
My first time at the Dragway

Well, figured I'd let you guys know how I did my first time out. I've never been a dragway before. My best time was on my first run; 12.96 @108.

My timeslip is attatched. BTW, the guy in the other lane was was driving an '02 Z06 but was considerably more experienced at dragracing than me.

Outside temp was 59 degrees. I left my tire pressures alone.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
catphish,

Good numbers for first time out, practice, practice makes better. Post your slips in the PDC, but you need to sharpen the scan up very hard to read................

:cool: :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts