Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Used a 3 gallon sprayer to mix my cleaning/degreasing solution and then sprayed the underside of the car from front to back to get at those hard to clean and rinse areas. Worked pretty good. Power hose rinse and things were pretty clean.

I also cut 55 gal. trash bags in half and slipped over the tires so when I put on the car cover I would not transfer tire dirt and brake dust onto the inside of the cover. Again a simple but effective aid.

·
21,386 Posts
MiamiCowboy said:
Used a 3 gallon sprayer to mix my cleaning/degreasing solution and then sprayed the underside of the car from front to back to get at those hard to clean and rinse areas. Worked pretty good. Power hose rinse and things were pretty clean.

I also cut 55 gal. trash bags in half and slipped over the tires so when I put on the car cover I would not transfer tire dirt and brake dust onto the inside of the cover. Again a simple but effective aid.
Thanks for the tips! :thumb:

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
Trash bag idea, sounds cool, gonna try that one!

Thanks

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Got to love the trash bag idea. That could keep all the crap off my wheels.

Thanks for the idea's

D.J.

·
Registered
212 Posts
"...I also cut 55 gal. trash bags in half and slipped over the tires ...."

That'll keep the dogs and parking meter enforement people from "marking" your tires too!

·
Registered
292 Posts
What can I do about some cat that uses the corner of my car cover for a scratching post? My cover is just about ruined before I noticed it.

Thanks for the tip on the trash bags. I was thinking about lining the inside of my cover so the tire black wouldn't ruin it.

My tip: Use a dedicated mini Cal-Duster to keep your rims dust free. It only takes a few minutes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts