Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) I am going to order the Z1 for pre-treatement and which wax should I order for the Z06? Z2 or Z7

2) I have some small ( very small ) tree sap marks on my X5, can I use the Z1 to remove it or can you guys suggest a better approach.

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Use Dawn dish wash soap to remove the old wax. Use Zaino claybar. Then wash with Zaino car wash and Z1, Z2 or Z5 [if minor scratches in clear coat] and Z6. You will have to re-apply Z5 muliple times to see improvements in clearcoat scratches. Thin coats achieve best results. Good Luck,FUBU69/LES /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif BTW Once you apply 3 coats of Z2 or Z5, you will SHOCKED by the results. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif So order Z1, Z2 or/and [I order both] Z5, Z6, Z7,and the Claybar. Try the Zaino tire dressing.It is non oily , I love the length of the tire shine.

2001 Z06 SPEEDWAY WHITE/MODIFIED RED INTERIOR-Corsa Indy's/Pro Tips, Corsa X Pipe, Vortex/Carbon Fiber Power Duct, Z06 Wet Okles Mod Red Seat Covers, Z06 Extra Wide Rolled Exhaust Plate, Red/Clear Euro Lenses, CM Factory OEM Chrome Wheels, BPP Rear Lowering Kit, FRC/Z06 Partition ,Design Specialties Chrome & Decals, STILL EVOLVING! On Order, '02 EB Z06 TPW 7/30 Order # DKMKC7 KEEPING BOTH, I HOPE!

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Don't count on Z1 doing your cleaning for you. Make sure the car is as clean as it can get, including the claying, before you start.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
What you want to get is Z-1, Z-2 (Z-5 if you have a black or dark color car) Z-6 and Z-7, if you want to clay your car use Z-18 Clay Bar. Z-1 is a base coat that allows the polishes (Z-2,Z-5) to grab hold of the paint better. Z-6 is a spray that you use after washing or polishing, and Z-7 is the Car Wash, I feel the best product in the Zaino line. Car wash and water should take off sap unless it is pine sap, then clay will work fine. Les is the Zaino spokesman. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

1 - 4 of 4 Posts