Corvette Z06 Forum banner

20 RWHP for under $200.00!!!!!!!!!!!!

2K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  BLEUBYU 
#1 ·
That's right friends 20 rwhp. You ask me how?
I got in my Z06 drove to Bowling Green paid Breathless $75.00 for a dyno pull.
382.7 rwhp
392.7 rwtq

:D

Best mod I ever did. :eek:

G
#6 ·
FRC Tom said:
That's right friends 20 rwhp. You ask me how?
I got in my Z06 drove to Bowling Green paid Breathless $75.00 for a dyno pull.
382.7 rwhp
392.7 rwtq

:D

Best mod I ever did. :eek:
pretty funny Tom, that's why I wanted to dyno at tune tech so bad :)

I originally thought the answer might be those new covers you're working on!

Mark

#7 ·
BPP uses a Mustang dyno, not a Dynojet. Mustang Dynos are well known to be "optimistic" because of the way they measure rear wheel power.

It is not a BPP issue, it is a Mustang dyno issue. A very pricey euro car dealer around here is also installing the Mustang unit. When I asked them why, they responded that it was less expensive to purchase and they were only interested in using it for tuning purposes.

Personally, I will only dyno test on Dynojet units that are running the latest software and operated by trained, and experienced folks...

#8 · (Edited)
BLEUBYU said:
BPP uses a Mustang dyno, not a Dynojet. Mustang Dynos are well known to be "optimistic" because of the way they measure rear wheel power.

It is not a BPP issue, it is a Mustang dyno issue. A very pricey euro car dealer around here is also installing the Mustang unit. When I asked them why, they responded that it was less expensive to purchase and they were only interested in using it for tuning purposes.

Personally, I will only dyno test on Dynojet units that are running the latest software and operated by trained, and experienced folks...
As you can see in my sig the dyno jet is what I use also, I was not getting on Ernie infact I wound up in the drivers seat for a few other cars on the dyno, he was short handed and I got drafted.
I also gave him one of our cards an asked him to check in with us.
You might see him soon with his own vendor topic.

#11 ·
CraigK and Netjunkie, thanks for the info on your dynos. Two very mildly '01s dynoed up at Carlisle and both registered 337-338 rear wheel. So, it appears that your numbers are in the ballpark.

I guess i am hoping my '02 will measure in the 350's at least considering the Vortex system. Yes, I should have baselined first, but I just brought the car up from BG in time for Sat Carlisle and i had a great deal going with the Vortex pieces and install - so I went for it. Since the car needed to do a relearn for at least 50-75 miles, even the dyno operator said wait.

So, I do have a copy of '02 numbers, some from the Corvette forum and one from Jim Hall's test. Jim's car was running on California crap fuel in undoubted hot weather, so I think his 337 rear wheel is a little low. If accurately rated at 405, the '02s should be making 345 or so rear wheel, and other prelim tests show they are making this on some other '02s.

I will be running Sunoco 94 always, and especially on 9/22 Dyno Day! Hope we can get some Z06vette.com turnout that day - let me know. BadAssZ06 is already coming...

#13 ·
BLEUBYU said:
...Two very mildly '01s dynoed up at Carlisle and both registered 337-338 rear wheel....i am hoping my '02 will measure in the 350's at least considering the Vortex system.
BLEUBYU, You definitely should be in the 350s rwhp on your 02 with the Vortex. I hung around the Dyno at Carlisle much of Saturday afternoon. I watched three 01 Z06s make their pulls.

One bone stock made 331 rwhp (SAE). Car belonged to a guy who said he drove it conservatively.

Mine with only a Halltech Tric made SAE 347 rwhp. On this same dyno last year it had made 336 bone stock.

The last Z06 I saw had a Halltech Tric, a ported throttle body and a set of B&B shorty headers. Its owner said he drove it conservatively; one year old and 1200 miles. It made SAE 347 rwhp.

So, assuming you're getting on the throttle to teach the PCM who's boss, 350+ should be achieved.

Let us know.

Ranger

#14 ·
Ranger, the "Boss" is on the throttle whenever possible - PCM will learn who is in control!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Gotaa quit bouncin off that damn rev limiter though - she revs up so quick. :) :) :) :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.