Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been very busy today so I do not know if this has been posted as of yet. Starting on 9-01-01 Chevrolet has increased the price of all three models of Corvettes including the Z06 by $200.00. This means any car produced after 9-01-01 that was not ordered as a retail sold order will go up by $200.00. If you purchased a car that was already ordered by the dealer for his inventory and not ordered for you it will cost you $200.00 more when you pick it up. If the car was ordered from the start for you, you will not be effected.:(

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Rick,

Nope not posted, but ive bneen wating, They did it on 01's also...........

Thanks for the heads up...........

:( :( :(

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Whew!:eek: That was close! Lets see, how many cases of beer would that have cost me; Mc2x3.14-8.882=19.6 cases ??? All-Righty-Then :guiness: :guiness: :guiness:

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is my understanding that those customers that placed an order with me wont have to pay. Those that bought off of our inbound sheet that was a car already coming in will. Sorry guys raise H*** with the GEN. not me please I am just a private.:(

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Rick, this really bites. I'm sure a lot of your non-SRE (retail sold) customers will voice a complaint. Are you certain that the price increase does NOT apply to those of us that pre-ordered (SRE) but are still waiting for a car to be built and/or delivered?

My out of state dealer has emphasized that if his "invoice cost" increases before delivery I will have to pay more than previously agreed. If that should be the case, it would really piss me off because I have been waiting a long time (placed an order 10 weeks), but have been totally powerless to accelerate delivery.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Rick is a lifesaver

Rick-

I feel lucky that I called you when I did. I was paying 2K over MSRP and you worked some magic in my mind.

Not only did you give me a delivery date much sooner than I could expect but you saved me almost 3K! I feel so lucky that I am going to get a 02' EB with everything but BSM's for BELOW MSRP!

Unheard of here in North Dallas---Now the only problem is deciding who is going to fly with me from DFW to Atlanta to pick her up. My wife wants to come but my brother is REALLY begging me already.

I will decide later. Rick--you are a godsend......I'd like to hear from anyone else that is on this forum that got a Z from Rick. He mentioned that I will be the 17th member so far.

Sincerely,

David Jeffrey Nation
Frisco, TX

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is my understanding that sold retail orders have price protection. But I am not 100% sure on that. If the dealers invoice is higher then I would think you will have to pay. We have a clause in our buyers order that covers this. I am sure most dealers do as this is a common thig with GM May be some one else would have a inside trac to this. 1fastdog where are you?:(

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Dsinned: Don't worry, it happened last year about this time, and I already had mine on order. I got it AFTER the price increase, but was NOT charged extra.

Whee

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Same here on my 01 that i ordered last year.My car was already ordered and when was delivered I was not charged the price increase.I beleive the increase was more steep for me last year but it was a coupe with all of the options.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Yes, I hear you guys, but I'm made a deal based paying a certain percentage over the dealer's invoice cost not the MSRP. If both go up just the same, due to the price increase, there may not be any pre-ordered "SRE" price protection in my case. $200 isn't a deal killer by any means, just an unanticipated minor drain on already strained financial resources. :cry:

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Torched said:
Same here on my 01 that i ordered last year.My car was already ordered and when was delivered I was not charged the price increase.I beleive the increase was more steep for me last year but it was a coupe with all of the options.

DKTH11, went 3100 8-30-01, still 9-17-01 TPW... couldn't resist the update.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts