Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question. I found a 00 vette for sale at a dealer near me. The car has 40k miles and they are asking 24k. I havent seen the car yet so i dont know what cond. it in. Is that reasonable for the price and miles? Secondly, the car is automatic. I would prefer 6spd, but if the price is right i would consider it. What would be a reasonable offer? What should i look for in the car? :-? Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
Always buy the car you are looking for. If you are looking for a six speed then hold out and buy that.

If you buy the automatic tranny version...you'll most probably be wishing you bought a six speed...

Hold out for the one you want.

I've had both and the six speed is a car you drive...the automatic is the one you ride in...

Good luck.

This site has a ton of Corvettes for sale http://forums.corvetteforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52

You can do a search on the owners name of the car your interested and see how he treated the car etc...Just click on the name of the guy on the cars that are somewhat local to you and HAVE THE OPTIONS YOU WANT...

Better than dealers inventory ...IMHO

Good luck.

JB

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
JBsZ06 said:
Always buy the car you are looking for. If you are looking for a six speed then hold out and buy that.

If you buy the automatic tranny version...you'll most probably be wishing you bought a six speed...

Hold out for the one you want.

I've had both and the six speed is a car you drive...the automatic is the one you ride in...

Good luck.

This site has a ton of Corvettes for sale http://forums.corvetteforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52

You can do a search on the owners name of the car your interested and see how he treated the car etc...Just click on the name of the guy on the cars that are somewhat local to you and HAVE THE OPTIONS YOU WANT...

Better than dealers inventory ...IMHO

Good luck.

JB
Like JB says. You don't want to buy something just because the price may be low. Get what you want. I bought an A4 because that's what I wanted. They are not for everyone but for me and my legs it was perfect. They can be moded to be very fast but a six speed is much more fun to drive IMHO.

D.J. :jammin:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts