Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I'd post my impressions of the new 2002 ZO6 since I just arrived back home from the 1st trackside delivery at Justin Bell's driving school.
First let me comment on the school. EXCELLENT!!! And Justin is a down to earth regular guy. Had his trophy with him from his TransAm win and shared his experience with us. Instructors are great. Doing hot laps in the afternoon we were able to see 130mph on the speedo!! Drove Camaro SS, C5, and 2001 ZO6.

Now, after all this, spent the next 3 days driving my way back home from FL to Cape Cod, MA. Put 2000 miles on the new 2002.
To those that ask "should I buy a leftover 2001 ZO6 or go for the 2002 I can now give my opinion. It's a no-brainer. Get the 2002. It is an awesome car. From the exhaust note to the raw torque, you won't be able to get the smile off your face. It really "roars" from about 3500rpm up!! Won't need an aftermarket exhaust. Glad to see the Head Up Display too!!
Rained the first 5 days I had the car. That's probably more rain than the car will see for the next 3 years.
:D
Bob

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
As much as people tend to cry about getting cars in the rain, which i have yet to understand, Rain will NOT hurt a corvette. hehe. Makes em all the more fun to wash and clean if you ask me

Andy

Just my $.02

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We went through tremendous rains. Not just a downpour but so heavy that the wipers on high speed still could not handle the job. We were on the highway and could only manage about 20mph several times. The tires are great on dry pavement but the don't make it in the wet.
Bob

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
WOW-WEE!

Nice write up, Bob! 130 mph, WOW-WEE! I know you had a great time!

'njoy! :cheers:

Zippy :) :)

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Hi Bob,

Congratulations on the new Z06 and the track side delivery.:cool: You'll never be able to wipe that smile off your face! :D :D When ever it starts to fade, just take out the Z and it'll right back for a while lomger! :cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts