Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I really enjoyed that!!!!!!!! That is great stuff. Picking up the silver Z06 this weekend baby!!! How far is Sonoma from SanFran???

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
XMUNI, THANK YOU!!!!! All Right on pickin up your new Z!! You gota be EXCITED!!!! I'll never forget get'n my QSilver Baby on 10-01-01....The more I drive her the better she gets!!!

Sonoma is 25 miles due north of downtown San Fran.....takes 'bout 45 mins to drive it.....

As the LA Boyz say, "Drive it like you stole it!!!!"

01ZEE06
Barry

·
Registered
266 Posts
Barry,

Thanks a million for the post.

Enjoyed talking to you at the event.

2k,

John Reese

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey John, It was a pleasure talking to you. Sears is a great track and I really enjoyed the races!!

Took me 4 hours to get back to Newhall(just north of the San Fernando Valley).....400 miles.....that's an average speed of 80 mph!! Took about 45 minutes to get to I5 in the race traffic thru Vallejo and it finally opened up about 20 miles before I5. I had some fun losing a BMW Z3 and a Bi-Turbo Audi. Got tired of 'em riding my tail trying to keep up with me all of the time....sooo, I found a big wide and long opening, and went down to 3rd at about 75 and let her rip. Redline in 3rd and 4th, pulling strong in 5th.....they disappeared in my rear view mirror. Glanced down at the speedo and was suprised that I had got to 150mph that fast!! About 15 miles down the road, and crusing at about 85-90 they caught up to me....got 2 thumbs ups as I let 'em pass!!

Averaged 22.25mpg for the 1,005 total trip!!

My Valentine saved my butt at least 4 times!!

If you ever get down to So. Cal. please look me up!!

See Ya,
Barry Bennett
(661)259-5050 /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts