Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2001 Black and Silver GSXR 1000
1,490 miles (not a typo it actually only has 1,490 miles)
Yoshimura Tri Oval Carbon Fiber Slip On
Yoshimura EMS w/ 3 way map switch, and carbon fiber shift light
Scotts Steering Stabilizer
PowerBronze Black windscreen
Extreme Graphic undertail with Libertek LED's
Carbon Fiber front fender
Carbon Fiber Heel Guards
Strap for front end
3 Hole Lowering Link

Asking $8500 OBO

Thanks

Go here to see pics.

http://photobucket.com/albums/b80/bobbyakers/

under GSXR 1000 of course.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Is it faster than a Z06? Just kidding, I've got an R1 so I know the answer. I'm new to the high performance car stuff (only had the Z06 for 1.5 weeks) but I'm amazed at how much money some people spend trying to make a car go fast. For $15,000 bucks new, or $8,500 used, you can have something that kicks the crap out of all these cars at the drag strip, road race track, or on the street, and gets 35 mpg. I even get about 20 mpg at the race track on my bike. There is one small disclaimer, you have to know how to ride. And I recommend knowing how to ride well before you get a 450 lb 160 rwhp bike.

One of these Z06 guys that really wants to go fast should buy your bike instead of a blower for their car. It's virtually brand new with just a few mods. Looks great. Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, it will definitely run with a Z06!!

Have had a few interested sned some messages and have a local that says he wants the bike, just haven't seen the money yet.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I've had many bikes and 3 of them have been GSX-R's... I have to say I liked them the most. Other then a Ducati 996 or 998, I'm definitely a Suzuki man. Beautiful bike and its very tempting... Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys,

Zmydust, I will make you a good deal if you are interested..

·
Registered
208 Posts
FRCBobby said:
Thanks guys,

Zmydust, I will make you a good deal if you are interested..
There are two things that are stopping me:
1. You're located too far from where I'm at. That alone would add expense for me to getting it home.
2. Winter is right around the corner and I wouldn't be able to enjoy it til next spring. I don't think I could stand having it and not being able to ride it.

It's a great looking bike though and I'm sure you won't have a problem selling it. Good luck.

BTW, are you getting another bike or is this it for you?

·
Registered
288 Posts
The way gas prices are going, this is a pretty tempting deal.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Might get another bike later on but there is no plan of it. I just don't have enough time to ride it. I work 50 hours a week at one job and work when I get home trying to my business selling car and motorcycle parts online going good.

I thought very hard about starting to ride the bike everyday as the gas hit $3.29 a gallon here today. That is my new slogan for the bike, buy a gas saver, the bike got 45 mpg the last long ride I took the bike on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts