Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it common for the 2001 Z06 to consume oil. I just purchased on a few months ago with only 18,000 kms, it runs great, I dont see any blue smoke, it does not leak any oil but has used 2 litres in 6000kms.

·
20,625 Posts
Yep! My 01 luv'd the black gold! :yeadog: Had the pistons re-ringed, and it slowed way down. Got my 02Z06 and it stopped completely.

Welcome Aboard. :z:

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
that will mainly depend on you as how much you maintain your car and have its servicing from time to time.it your car consumes much oil then you can have its check of mobil oil and clutch plates
Yea, be sure and check those clutch plates. That's where most of your oil consumption is!

:lol: :lol:

Mike

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
My 01 had the oil consumption problem, got it re-ringed, and it stopped, then I put the LSX 454 in it and now it just consumes gas...

:lol:

Mark

·
9,755 Posts
Yep! My 02 luv'd the dark gold! Had the aide re-ringed, and it bogged down way down. Got my 02Z06 and it ceased absolutely.
Didn't Siska already say that (only in better English) ??:screwy:

·
Registered
30 Posts
As others have said, oil consumption is a common problem (depending upon the generation of 01 c5z you have--if I remember correctly, there's differences based on the month it was manufactured? This is old knowledge on my part, so my apologies if I'm misquoting that information). It seems like every 01 GM I've ever owned consumed oil (01 GTP, 01 C5 targa, and it's possible my 01 WS6 does too--I'll find out on next oil change).

For what it's worth, let me cheer you up by saying you have a nice, rare car with very low mileage. The white 01 c5z is one of my dream cars, with that said. I don't know what color yours is, and I don't mean to thread-hijack, but just making some general comments.

cheers,
littles

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yep! My 02 luv'd the dark gold! Had the aide re-ringed, and it bogged down way down. Got my 02Z06 and it ceased absolutely.

Corporate Class Chauffeurs specializes in providing quality Limousine and Executive Sedan Service to business and leisure travelers, we carry only latest model Lincoln Town Cars, SUVs, Vans, Mini Buses, Motor Coaches and Stretch Limousines. We service entire Washington DC., Virginia and Maryland. We pride ourselves on the first class service we deliver to every client, combining professional chauffeurs and executive vehicles. The etiquette & manner in which our chauffeurs present themselves to our clients is paramount. :grin2:
Alexandria Limousine Services
Alexandria limousine

1 - 18 of 18 Posts