Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new '02 EB Z06 got built this week:D So now I need to sell my 2001 Z06:( It is one awesome car. The details are as follows:

2001 torch red/mod-red Z06. It has 9k miles and is in perfect condition. It has all the availavble options for a Z06. It was built Sept 23, 2000 and I picked it up Oct. 3rd. It has always been garaged and well taken care of. It was #1245 of the 5773 Z06s built in 2001. (I know this for a fact because I had someone at GM look it up for me.) It is one of only 673 Torch Red cars built with the mod-red interior. I have a copy of the factory build sheet from when it was going down the assembly line (thanks to Sonny). I had the hood autographed by Ron Fellows, Andy Pilgrim, and Kelly Collins at the TX ALMS race. The price is $43k.
I can give you the name of Z06vette.com members who can vouch for the excellent condition of the car. They live near me and know the car. You can contact me at [email protected] or (817) 427-2663.

Jeff

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
2ndZ06 said:
"My new '02 EB Z06 got built this week:D So now I need to sell my 2001 Z06:( "....snip....

Jeff -

That's great news, I'd give my eye teeth to be getting a new '02 Z06. Good luck finding a quick buyer. If it gets to the point where your NEW car is in, and your '01 is not sold, would you trade it in?

If it would come to that, and you are not happy with the trade-in dollars the dealer is offering you, please give me a call at (941)549-3876 because if my C-4 is sold by then, I will be able to offer you $2000 - $3000 more than the dealer is offering you.

Thanks.

Steve Nix

It is one awesome car. The details are as follows:

2001 torch red/mod-red Z06. It has 9k miles and is in perfect condition. It has all the availavble options for a Z06. It was built Sept 23, 2000 and I picked it up Oct. 3rd. It has always been garaged and well taken care of. It was #1245 of the 5773 Z06s built in 2001. (I know this for a fact because I had someone at GM look it up for me.) It is one of only 673 Torch Red cars built with the mod-red interior. I have a copy of the factory build sheet from when it was going down the assembly line (thanks to Sonny). I had the hood autographed by Ron Fellows, Andy Pilgrim, and Kelly Collins at the TX ALMS race. The price is $43k.
I can give you the name of Z06vette.com members who can vouch for the excellent condition of the car. They live near me and know the car. You can contact me at [email protected] or (817) 427-2663.

Jeff

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Steve,

I was not planning on trading it in. I plan to sell it myself regardless of whether or not the sale happens before my new one gets here. Hopefully I will sell it first. My wife was a little upset the last time I had two Vettes sitting in the garage at once. Although I thought it looked pretty cool:lol:

I haven't even asked the dealer what he would give me on trade in. What did you have in mind for a price?

thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
178 Posts
Perfect Situation

Jeff -

You are in the best possible situation if you don't have to sell your car to buy the new one. If you're under pressure, you're always tempted to take a lower offer.

In an earlier post (Rick's "We Want Your Business", I believe) I got into the middle of everything when Mark Dickie said to Rick that he wanted to order an 2002 from him, if the price was right - AND - he got the right price on his trade.

I mentioned that Rick has to Buy Wholesale and Sell Retail to stay in business, but that I would be glad to pay Mark $2000 to $3000 over what Rick could give him in a trade.

That sounded good to everyone, and I asked Rick what would be a fair price for a 2001 Z06 in Excellent condition with 12,000 miles on it. I asked if $33K-35K Wholesale and $49K-51K Retail was in the ballpark. Rick said those figures seemed "right on". Which would make a price of about $37K of what I would have paid. Mark just got back to his job after being away for the weekend, and heard some rumors that made him a little bit concerned about his job security, and decided it was best for him not to add any debt at this time by buying a 2002.

If you're at $43K, I know that price sounds low to you. The ones SELLING on e-bay have been going from $35K to $39K. Just search for "e-bay", and when the "Home" screen comes up, "Search" for "Z06", and about 75 items come up. Press the qualifyer button that says, "list higher prices first", and viola, there are the Z06 cars. The ones with higher prices very seldom get sold, but so much depends on the demand in your market area. Also, you have the site here which should be a tremendous help.

I wish you the best of luck, and hope it works out good for you. I still have my C-4 to sell, before I can do anything, but once I do, I will be shaking the bushes pretty hard, trying to find a Red/Red 2001 (Like yours). I'll keep in touch.

See ya.

Steve Nix

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Jeff,

Congrats on the soon to come 02 EBZ06. In regaurds to what Steve said about the Ebay Z06s being around $35k-$38k, thats true. I think that $43k is a tad to much for a 9k 01 Z06. I got my new 02 Z06 for $48k (2k off during the low rates and all that stuff). Im not tryin to make you lower the price, just suggesting maybe that is a tad to high. But if you can get the $43k out of it, more power to ya man. Good luck and take it easy!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Andy,

Thanks for the input. I was advertising my car locally for $45k and got several serious inquiries. One guy was going to buy it and the financing fell through. Another guy backed out because he decided he didn't like the mod-red interior, so he bought a black/black Z06 for $46k locally. A deal with another interested party is still pending. I think that $43k is reasonable for a car that is just like new with the exception of the 9k miles. Heck it still has a lot of warranty time left too. I know everyone here on this site is very well informed and that is why I posted it for $43k here even though the market value seems closer to $45k in my area. I think a lot of people got spoiled by the 0% APR which we will probably never see again on Vettes. Unfortunately my car did not come in time for me to be one of them.

Jeff

G

·
Jeff can I make a suggestion that could possibly save you some money in sales tax..

If you are selling your car for 43 or whatever..and your picking up your new zo6 as well..

Why wouldn't it make sense to offer the dealer you are buying the zo6 from a few hundred dollars to do an " in and out" whereby the person buying your car does the paperwork through the dealership and you save the sales tax on your new zo6 ..on the amount you sell the car to the next guy..

Around here at 6% sales tax..you would save 2700 dollars..

So if you could sell your car for 43 grand..if you did an "in and out" at the dealer ship your buying from..your really getting closer to 45 thousand 7 hundred for your 2001 zo6..Makes the 02 seem almost free!

Its a win win for everyone involved..

good luck ..

JB

(is there a reason you guys don't do this? )

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JB,

That's exactly what I was planning on doing. My dealer dealer did an in-and-out with me last time and said he would do it again this time, no problem. That is by far the way to go if you can time everything right.

Thanks for the info anyway. You are right, there are a lot of people that don't know about in-and-outs and the dealers never tell you.

Jeff

·
Registered
396 Posts
Hell before to long these cars are going to be worth less than a 98 coupe. I would stick to your price. If you can make the in and out work for ya then go for it. But I have seen them selling for 44k-46K here. The site just exposes us to the best best deals.Great for buying but not for selling The average buyer looks at the local prices. But If you can wait till the end of the year to buy a 02 I would think about it. The 01s came down to 42k new. Im not sure how many were sold at that price. but it did kill the market value for the 01s. I think chevy has something up their sleeve for the corvette. Im not sure what.
Good luck with your car.

:cheers: :cheers:

G

·
I think most 98 coupes are going if lucky at 26 grand..so 43 for an 01 sounds good especially with the tax benefit of the in/out.

Used car market sucks..but the zo6 is truly the worlds best sports car..

Good luck and I bet you get what you are asking! hell the guy bought one for 46 grand just in a nother color..

Cool!

Maybe all corvettes sales will pop backup as the 50th anniversary approaches and spurs on non corvette fanatics into the fray!

The 50th will be big in my opinion for all model year corvettes values....(JMHO)

Let the hoopla begin!!!!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys.

Thanks for the input you guys. I'm glad to hear you guys think I am in line with my pricing. You guys are right, this sight does expose some people to the very best of deals! But hey, that's what it is here for, so we can help each other out.

As far as waiting until the end of the model year, usually that does drop the new car prices. However, get this. Even after the '02s hit the lots here, the dealers were still asking over sticker for the '01 Z06s! Is that crazy or what?! One forum member went to a local dealer here and saw a Torch/Torch '01 Z06 selling for $10k over sticker after the '02s were out! I think some people just have too much money!! This sight is great because the supporting dealers here don't gouge people like that on their new car sales.

Jeff

·
Registered
178 Posts
Jeff -

Thanks for contacting me about your car. I did sign the papers and put my money down yesterday on the California car. Going to bring it to Florida starting January 10.

Good Luck to you, you have a beautiful Z06 that some lucky person should grab quick!

Steve Nix

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Steve,

Congrats! I'm glad you were able to make the deal work on the other Z you found. I know you will love it. I don't know how anyone could drive a Z06 and not fall in love with it.:D

It was nice talking to you. Have fun on your drive back from California. That could be a fun trip if you have the time to leisurely make your way back to Florida. If your travel brings you through the DFW area give me a shout.

Jeff

·
Registered
178 Posts
Thanks Jeff.

I'll be going through San Antonio and Houston on Interstate 10, so I'll be a little south of you. By that time, I'll probably what nice easy trip it would have been to DFW compared to California.

See ya.

Steve Nix

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Still for sale!

I'm still looking for a good home for my '01 Z :)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
'01 Red/Mod-Red Z06 for sale

2001 Z06 - Torch Red with Mod-Red interior, all available options (electrochromic mirrors, memory pkg., BSMs, floor mats, front license plate bracket (never installed)), autographed hood, copy of factory build sheet. This car has 9800 miles and is in perfect condition. $41,000

Contact me at (817) 427-2663 or [email protected].

Jeff

Attachments

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just in case anyone was wondering about the 'autographed hood' mentioned above, here are more details. Yes, it is on the UNDERNEATH side of the hood! You would be amazed how many people ask me if it is on the outside:-? It was autographed by C5-R drivers Ron Fellows, Kelly Collins, and Andy Pilgrim at the 2001 Texas ALMS race. I wish I could keep the hood, but my wife won't let me hang it on the wall in the house, and the red hood would look funny on my EB Z:lol:

Attached is a picture of the signatures on the hood.

Jeff

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts