Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our Black Z06 is less than 3 months old, less than 3500 miles on it. PROBLEM: these specially designed tires for this car are picking up road particles and literally blasting the paint off the sides. Is anyone else having this problem? We would like to hear from anyone having this problem, how long you've had your car and how extensive it is. Thanks!! Gibby and Louise, Corvette friends from Mississippi

------------------

·
Registered
0 Posts
Gibby and Louise,

First, I want to welcome you to the Forum.

Neither of my Zs have had this problem. I drive them 24/7/365 and have had no problems with the paint. This has been a bad Winter and I am still seeing no problems. Salt..sand...snow...rain...No problem. We have owned our Zs since July 31st, 2000.

If I were you, I would consult the dealer. Hopefully they are reputable and will address your concerns.

------------------
Frank Calmes Quicksilver 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, B&B PRT's with Speedway Tips, Ripper Shifter with Momo Knob, Chrome Z06 Wheels

Sherylann Calmes Black 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, Chrome Z06 Wheels

[email protected]

·
Registered
601 Posts
I've had mine since 9-22 and don't have that problem. What kind of road conditions do you drive on?

------------------

2001 Torch Red Z06

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've noticed the pitting starting on the wheel wells at the bottom. seems like those tires pick up everything on the road. Just the price you pay for driving the car I guess.

------------------
The Virtual Hermit 01 torch red Z06 + 65,67,72

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Oh, mine sounds like someone is sandblasting the bottom of my car when I drive over all this leftover crap they throw down for the snow....

I'm washing today for the first time in 3 weeks so I'll inspect for damage.

JC

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Several customers have shown me this on their cars, this is not just a Z06 problem, it affects "regular" Corvettes as well, they must be dumping ball bearings for the snow.

------------------
Carl V. *****Authorized Zaino Distributor*****
Huntingdon Valley, PA.** 2000 Magnetic Red Convertible **
MN6,F45,QF5,AQ9,AG2,CJ2,T96,B34,AAB,UN0,U1S,JL4,UV6,T82,N37
** Corvette Club of Delaware Valley **

www.hcvind.com
E-Mail: [email protected]

·
Registered
99 Posts
Yup, it's happening to mine too. Plenty of salt and sand from the snow have been helping it along. I was upset at first, but frankly I just want to have fun driving it and what will be will be.

------------------

Quick Silver ZO6
Modified Red interior
Ripper w/ Momo knob
Vortex Ram Air

1 - 7 of 7 Posts