Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, not really sold out, but you won't be able to place a new order unless a dealer already has one in stock or allocated.

I can see our cars getting more valuable, and desireable, real fast now!
--------------------------------
From Ken Fichtner on the "other forum"

---------------------------------
This news just in from GM. Remember, you read it here first!!! This is a direct quotation from GM:
"March 7, 2001

To: All Chevrolet Dealers

Due to the Z06's limited production capability and the size of the current sold order bank, we will no longer accept sold orders for the Corvette Z06 model, effective Wednesday, March 7, 2001.

Due to the above situation, we highly recommend you reexamine your current sold order requests for the Corvette Z06 model, as well as for the Coupe and Convertible. You will have the ability to view your buildout allocation on Monday, March 12, 2001. In cases where you will not receive sufficient allocation to cover your sold orders, please contact affected customers and cancel sold orders as necessary.

Please be aware that this change will have no effect on your Z06 allocation. If your dealership has been scheduled to receive a Z06 in April or May, you will still receive that vehicle. You will simply be unable to order any vehicle with an order type of Sold (SRE, SDC, SRS).

If you have customers who are interested in a Museum Delivery (R8C), please order the vehicle as a Stock order (TRE), and fax all of the completed forms to the Corvette Museum and Cave City Chevrolet as normal."

------------------
e-mail: [email protected]

Web Site - "Automobile of the Year"
http://members.aol.com/spdyz06

·
Registered
34 Posts
Phew. When I first saw this I freaked. But since I'm at even code 3000 I'm OK. Long story, but I've dreamed of a 2001 vette since I was little. The Z06 is a bonus and sealed the deal.

Guess what color it will be

------------------

·
Registered
0 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by QWK SLVR:
Guess what color it will be

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uhhh...Silver??

·
Registered
34 Posts
Wrong! Black!

Nah...only kidding

Thought about white for a while, but I've always had a thing for silver. This may sound weird, but I wish I could get a full red interior. I love silver on red.

------------------

·
Registered
29 Posts
A local dealer here had 4 on the lot as of last week. 2-black, 1-silver, 1-yellow.

------------------
The Virtual Hermit 01 torch red Z06 + 65,67,72

·
Registered
391 Posts
There's two at the Kansas City auto show. One yellow and one red. Don't know what dealer brought them.

------------------
Z06,Red,Modified Red.Stock for now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts