Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone, New to the forum here.
I have looked around for answers and searched for days and have not found any information that gives me a positive direction. So reaching out for advice!!!

Im trying to get a bit more width on the tires but finding 4 that match the 17 front rims and 18 rears is proving to be difficult if not wanting to spend money on new eagles.

This tire shop has recommended the following:
AZENIS RT660 Falkens.
Front 275/40r17
Rears 315/30/r18

What is most worrying is that the diameter of the rear wheel will be slightly less then the front.

I really cant afford to waste money, if anyone can please share if this tire combination will work and offer any advice it would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve heard that the Toyos are popular...they have a longer life than other tires treadwise, and they don’t fall off too fast at the track.

ive know that the Goodyear F1 SC3’s are BEASTS on the track, they’re short of a race slick but they stay in their element on the track for quite a while...and drive them home too.
They don’t last long if you’re tracking the shit out of them or do a lot of canyon runs but hey, you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was such a pain. The only set I could find for the stock rims were the original f1s which are expensive as hell.
The only other option I could find around my area was falkens but it would be 315/30 and 275/40. So the rears actually are smaller in diameter. I didn’t want to mess with the computer variances that much. It’s was close to 3%

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don’t know if it’s bs. But I keep hearing every manufacturer has stopped making the speciality tires and concentrating on their bread and butter makers. 17 inch fattys were not made much and I didn’t want to go with two separate tires front and back.

·
Registered
257 Posts
That is correct. During the early part of the COVID scare, the tire manufactures just like everyone else, pulled back on production on some sizes. Mostly the slower selling high performance tires.

I have had a front set of 275/35-18 for the front on my C6 Z on back order since 2/26/2021. The expected ship date from Tire Rack is 6/5/2021. 68 days to get two tires. At the time when I ordered them the sales rep told me I was number 20 in line for tires. The shortage is real..

Reactions: Matteo70586

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Everyone, New to the forum here.
I have looked around for answers and searched for days and have not found any information that gives me a positive direction. So reaching out for advice!!!

Im trying to get a bit more width on the tires but finding 4 that match the 17 front rims and 18 rears is proving to be difficult if not wanting to spend money on new eagles.

This tire shop has recommended the following:
AZENIS RT660 Falkens.
Front 275/40r17
Rears 315/30/r18

What is most worrying is that the diameter of the rear wheel will be slightly less then the front.

I really cant afford to waste money, if anyone can please share if this tire combination will work and offer any advice it would be appreciated.
I recommend Nitto NT01 275/40/17 and 305/35/18. I use these on the street and the track. They are very sticky, but the ware rating is 100. They aren't very good in the rain, but that's to be expected from this type of tire.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts