Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not seen any alignment specs. for the 02 Z. Does anyone know if they are the same as the ones we have posted in the Owner FAQ section for the 01s?

Thanks.

Pat :)

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I'm not sure if the specs are right, but shortly after I bought my 2002 I had it laser aligned and can tell you what mine was from the factory. The sheet has specs on it, but the page printout says 2001 Corvette not 2002 Corvette Z06.
Ffen

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Pat -- I would think they are the same for 01 and 02 since no real suspension changes were done for 02s that I know of.

You planning on lowering and re-aligning the Zee?

I would suspect the alignment to be pretty good from the factory, but I guess you don't know unless you check it.

Subdriver -- how did yours compare to the factory specs. See "Owners FAQ" on the left margin of the screen :D.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I'm going to drop it as far as I can without using longer bolts or cutting the front rubber. Hope to get 1/2 to 3/4 inches. I'm sure few alignment shops have any specs on the Zs. Just don't want to hand them the 01 specs if the 02s are a tad different.

Pat

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Yup, I hear ya Pat. I think I will drop mine like you described also. Actually, it maynot even be necessary to have it re-aligned if only dropped by the threaded adjusters (15~20 mm).

Has anyone done the treaded bolt drop only and then had the alignment checked afterwards. Does doing this slight lowering throw the alignment way out, or just a tad ... or is it still within the factory range?

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I dropped my front without cutting the front bushing and got about 1.5 inches lower. Lowered the rear about 1 inch with the stock bolts to give it a little higher rear to prevent lift.
Not sure how this affected the alignment. Certainly not enough to notice, but I had mine realigned to my desired specs immediately after I lowered it.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Not really sure what the factory specs are for the Z06. The alignment sheet says the specs for a 2001 Corvette, but I am pretty sure the Z06 is different. Anyways, I aligned mine to (all degrees):
Caster 7.8
Camber
F: - 1.7
R: -1.3
Toe 0.00 all around

This setup was very neutral the one time I have had the car on a track (Roebling Road in Savannah GA).
Ffen

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Subdriver said:
I dropped my front without cutting the front bushing and got about 1.5 inches lower. Lowered the rear about 1 inch with the stock bolts to give it a little higher rear to prevent lift.

Subdriver, that sounds good.

If I can get as much as an inch without cutting or going to longer bolts, that will be good enough for me.

I copied the alignment specs from the Owner FAQ section and will compare those to whatever the alignment shop has when I figure out where I'm going to take it after its lowered.

Thanks;

Pat :)

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Alignments

HI there,
The camber is -.7
Caster is 6.5
Toe is-.02
Rear Camber is -.5
Toe is 0
This is the specs.
The -1.0 or more on camber will chop the inside wall of the tire extremely quickly, and I caution against this course of action, unless you are always on the track.
Besttoall, c4c5:eek2:

·
Registered
764 Posts
Thanks C4C5! You have the answer as usual. :)

Mark

1 - 11 of 11 Posts