Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Helm, 1-800-782-4356 has the 2002 chevrolet service manuals but is currently out. Was told by local dealer they don't use books anymore only CD's.

george

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
BrianK said:
No kidding.. Where *are* those service manuals! I was hoping they'd be out by now.

Does anyone have an ETA? When in the model year do they usually come out?

I may just settle for 2001's..
I didn't get my 01s until Jan or Feb of 2001. Kind of a long wait, but... Oh, also, don't wait for Helm to get you know they're in. Just keep calling. I got their little post card about a month after I got the manuals.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts

·
Registered
803 Posts
Wouldn't it be great if we had the service manuals online! I'd be willing to kick in to get them. I guess we would need to make them visible to members only - copyright.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Ebay

I got the GM Service Repair Manual 5 CD Set 1980-2002 off of ebay for $40 shipped. They are the originals and not copies. It takes up a bit of space on you harddrive 2-3GBs.

I keep on getting outbid but finally I won for $35+shipping.

I have shared the CDs with friends at work and splitup the cost.

The CDs are for all GM car and trucks from 1980 to 2002.

I have no affiliation with the seller.

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1305874595

If this auction is closed just click on "view sellers other auctions"

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Manuals soon

BrianK said:
Good info on the CD's..

It sounds like the data is in a funky format. I would not want to get stuck with CDs that I can't read in a couple years because the proprietary reader tool no longer runs on the latest version of windows, etc.

I really like having real manuals over electronic for just about *anything*. That's especially true for car manuals (dirt+computer=bad).

Of course you can't beat that price..
Helm has notified its dealers that it is "close" to shipping the 2002 C5 manuals. I suggest you contact the dealers here and see what they can do on the price of these manuals.
Z06Y Lady, Bookworm on Corvette manual :)

·
Registered
803 Posts
BrianK said:

I really like having real manuals over electronic for just about *anything*. That's especially true for car manuals (dirt+computer=bad).

I like CD data storage then print what I want for that job. The 'book' never gets messed up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts