·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, here they are:
Stock 2002 Z06, SAE Coreected
349 RWHP
341 RWT
With a 15% correction factor, this is 410 HP, and 401TRQ.

Gotta tell ya, it feels faster than this. My 'O1 Z06 w/ PRT (straight through exhaust) and Halltech intake did 343 RWHP, and 342 RWT, and the '02 feels a lot faster than just 6 more RWHP.

[Modified by Corvette Bob, 2:42 PM 8/4/2001]

·
Registered
4,151 Posts

On 2001-08-04 20:12, fcalmes spewed forth this drivel:
Nice numbers...still going to hold out for the??? Promised I wouldn't tell!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Frank, as the gangster in Dirty Harry said " I gotsa know " /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Museum Delivery Mirrors Memory Mats
FRC Partition

My Museum Delivery

Signature by Jason

Adjusted sig

·
Registered
629 Posts
Those numbers are just one spot on the graph. I think the "seat of the pants" feeling that the 2002s are quicker is because you have more torque over a large section of the curve.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Seems a bit weak, but then I, for one, subscribe to a "loss factor" of <15%. At a "LF" of 12%, those #s would convert to 396.6hp and 387.5tq at the flywheel. Then again, if the dyno test was performed before this particular car's LS6 was fully broken in, or at a higher than optimum operating temp, the results may show lower #s than could otherwise be achieved.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Excellent numbers SnakeSlayer. On the mark for factory spec. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Believe you are the first to post 02 numbers. Appreciate your posting them.

I dynoed my 01 at 1100 miles and then again at 3000+ miles. Both times bone stock on a DynoJet and the SAE numbers didn't change.

Ranger

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

On 2001-08-05 09:08, Ranger spewed forth this drivel:
Excellent numbers SnakeSlayer. On the mark for factory spec. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Believe you are the first to post 02 numbers. Appreciate your posting them.

I dynoed my 01 at 1100 miles and then again at 3000+ miles. Both times bone stock on a DynoJet and the SAE numbers didn't change.

Ranger

Ranger, I only wished it were my car /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif . I am still a couple on months away from having my baby. I cant understand why GM makes the process so difficult.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts