Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Halltech can now get the 2002 Header back to exhaust coupling exhaust for the 2002 Z06 for $1,225.00 complete. These are factory new systems, with no pups and the highflow cats.

In other words, the 2002 exhaust, no headers, no mufflers.

If I get 10 or more, the price will go down according to my GM contact. If interested, please specify your interest so that I can make arrangements to get them in.

I'll ask for full deposit on these since we will not be able to return them. There is a $40.00 core charge for the old cats for some reason unknown to me. $1265.00 will cover it. I really do not want to get involved in sending old systems back to GM. Save yours for the EPA smog guys.

Bolt on, no cutting. One piece since the H-pipe and front couplings are included.

Now if you run your car offroad you can order these,otherwise forget it. The EPA will not like this retrofit to the street.

Halltech will require your off-road statement in writing.

Jim Hall

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Didn't get the price

but if my memory serves me, $1,500. If interested I can get the price and discount it 10% for forum members.

Jim

·
Registered
362 Posts
Re: Didn't get the price

Halltech said:
but if my memory serves me, $1,500. If interested I can get the price and discount it 10% for forum members.

Jim
<< If you have to split the system up--i am interested in the head pipes back to mufler flanges.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Re: Didn't get the price

Z11409 said:
<< If you have to split the system up--i am interested in the head pipes back to mufler flanges.
That was what I was posting for $1225.00

Jim

·
Registered
13 Posts
Jim:

What is the availability and speciifications of this offer? Thanks

·
Registered
13 Posts
Jim,

I am cofused by the statement "no headers" Thanks for response.

...in other words, the 2002 exhaust, no headers, no mufflers....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Jim:

Thanks for the response. Perhaps we have a semantics issue here, that is, are we refrying to the exhaust manifolds as the headers or what? The simple question is, is everything from THE BLOCK back to the muffler included? I am at a loss to understand how a 2002 Z06 exhaust system could be made to work if everything from the block back is not included. Comments? Anyone? Please!!

Patrick

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Patrick........

I am also, at loss...............WHY / HOW can substituting a 2002 Z06 COMPLETE exhaust system NOT be legal , say, if installing on an '01 Z06?????.
With the exception of a slight difference in cam, and MAF, the system should be at least AS good as the '01's..........and meet the emissions requiremnets also.........for BOTH.:-?

·
Registered
13 Posts
ZO6LS6

Your question is easy, the law simply deems any change to the exhaust system (before and including the cats) as unlawful. The law seldem is logical - it is just the law. It is my memory that you may make changes to the cats after 50,000 miles on the car.

Patrick

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Hmmmmmmmm

So, what you are saying is,,,,,,,,it doesn't make a rat's......IF the system is(still) emissions legal......just you can't change ANYTHING on it......whatsoever???.
All I thought that was neccessary, was that the vehicle be able to MEET the feds guidelines......IF what you are saying is true( and I am not doubting you), then this means, you can't even install HEADERS,,,,,,,,,as this is a CHANGE form original config???? T or F?????:-?

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
While this is probably true, I seriously doubt that any emissions tester could actually tell the difference between an 01 and 02 Z06 exhaust setup.

If the sniffer passes mustard then they cut you loose. HOWEVER, as a reseller, Jim must abide by the law......

And yes, header and exhaust manifold are interchangeable for our purposes in the above posts.......

JC

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
N4C5S said:
While this is probably true, I seriously doubt that any emissions tester could actually tell the difference between an 01 and 02 Z06 exhaust setup.

If the sniffer passes mustard then they cut you loose. HOWEVER, as a reseller, Jim must abide by the law......

And yes, header and exhaust manifold are interchangeable for our purposes in the above posts.......

JC
Jared is right. The emissions would come out probably better, but the point here is GM got everything certified for the EPA for the specific year involved.

Not enough interest in this thread for Halltech to get involved further.

Just thought the guys with the 2001 might want part of what makes the 2002 the animal it is.

Jim Hall

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
N4C5S...........

Thanks................
Should have known, typical beauracratic :bs:
Seems like IF the vehicle is running "AS REQUIRED", and meets, or exceeds the Federally mandated requirements.......you should be able to have squirrels in a cage under the hood........
But, then that is logical thinking.....and we all know EPA, is anything BUT.:roll:

·
Registered
13 Posts
JC:

Your statement about what is lawful is correct. Be that as it may, I intend to install a complete 2002 Z06 exhaust on my 2000.

BTW, Jim halls post stating:

Halltech can now get the 2002 Header back to exhaust coupling exhaust for the 2002 Z06 for $1,225.00 complete.

appears to me to indicate that the " 2002 Header back to exhaust coupling exhaust for the 2002 Z06 for $1,225.00 complete. " would in fact include the header (exhaust manafold). Can that really be read any other way?

Without doubt, Jim Hall will clearify this so we can order!!

Patrick

·
Registered
13 Posts
Am I the only one interested in this item?

Patrick

·
Registered
15 Posts
What a Sound !!

I just finished changing my 2001 exhaust to the 2002 (no pups) ( l kept the 2001 ti mufflers). What a difference in sound !!!. I cannot beleive a stock 2002 could be any louder. Some say the mufflers are different but I dont see how they could be. Guess those "pup" converters are really restrictive because it sure made a difference. Power is up and it revs quicker. Water temp runs cooler, use to run just above the 190' and now runs just below the 190'??, may be A/F ratio has changed?? I am using a k & n filter in a very modified stock airbox, cut sides out and installed scoops on each side down to the back of the front grill sreens, no MAF screen, no surge. Cya:cheers:

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Re: N4C5S...........

ZO6LS6 said:
Thanks................
Should have known, typical beauracratic :bs:
Seems like IF the vehicle is running "AS REQUIRED", and meets, or exceeds the Federally mandated requirements.......you should be able to have squirrels in a cage under the hood........
But, then that is logical thinking.....and we all know EPA, is anything BUT.:roll:

Amen!:yeadog:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts