Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in buying some of the 2002 parts to update my 2001.

My list is not complete yet, but here are some of the items (other than engine mods):

2002 Airbox: ~$60 #12567571
2002 Rear Shocks:
2002 Front Sway Bar:
2002 Clutch Assembly:
2002 Aluminum front stabilizer bar links:
2002 Aluminum rear stabilizer bar links:
2002 Center Console latch:

Any others that I've missed?

Thanks for everyone's help. If I learn more elsewhere I'll post the info here too.

(no, I don't want the badges... hehehe)

Mods: Tape wheel weights replaced the factory clip-ons.
Build Date: 6/21/01 (last day of '01 final assembly)
Purchased: 7/11/01

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
SPEEDY, Smart, very smart! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif I should know! You may want to to get some additional COLD air. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif Les /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

On 2001-08-20 23:24, FUBU69 spewed forth this drivel:
SPEEDY, Smart, very smart! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Thanks! I just want to stay with factory stock parts for now... maybe years in the future I will do the aftermarket mods. I'm keeping this car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The 2002 badge is real popular /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
It has been realized that there is NO new rear leaf spring. Text was misinterpreted by me... Only suspension change is the rear shocks and the links. And the new cast rims.

With the new intake there is a new MAF and a reprogrammed PCM... I think.

As for the new clutch? I say don't bother until your current clutch dies, which for most people, may never happen during your ownership.

As for the engine, the new cam with new springs and valves... but you probably dont want to do any engine work for a little cam.

The new latch in the center console? If it's a cheap mod, eh. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

U want HUD? might as well get a 2002 /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

405 badges? no comment. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Did I forget anything else?

Don

On 2001-08-20 23:08, speedy-gonzalez spewed forth this drivel:

2002 Airbox: ~$60 #12567571
2002 Rear Shocks:
2002 Front Sway Bar:
2002 Clutch Assembly:
2002 Aluminum front stabilizer bar links:
2002 Aluminum rear stabilizer bar links:
2002 Rear leaf spring:

Any others that I've missed?

·
Banned
7,033 Posts
Based on Speedy's and Dons reasearch the '01 to '02 update can be done for reasonable $$. Thet brake pads on the '02 are different. I would stay with the '01 , less dust. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif Thanks Les

2001 Z06 SPEEDWAY WHITE/MODIFIED RED INTERIOR-Corsa Indy's/Pro Tips, Corsa X Pipe, Vortex/Carbon Fiber Power Duct, Z06 Wet Okles Mod Red Seat Covers, Z06 Extra Wide Rolled Exhaust Plate, Red/Clear Euro Lenses, CM Factory OEM Chrome Wheels, BPP Rear Lowering Kit, FRC/Z06 Partition ,Design Specialties Chrome & Decals, STILL EVOLVING! On Order, '02 EB Z06 TPW 7/30 Order # DKMKC7 KEEPING BOTH, I HOPE!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi. Does anyone know the part numbers and approximate cost?

I think the clutch might be a worthwhile upgrade if you are keeping the car, like I am.

Thanks!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Actually... only suspension change is:

FRONT Sway Bar Links out of Aluminum. (I do not believe the rear end links changed)

REAR Shock Valving.

There was no Spring Changes, and no Sway Bar Changes, front or rear! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

·
Registered
528 Posts

On 2001-08-21 00:26, quick spewed forth this drivel:
The 2002 badge is real popular /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

and I heard it gives you an additional 20 HP too doesn't it?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
The article on the registry says front AND rear stabilizer bar links were replaced. And also right that there is no mention of a sway bar change.

So to clarify.. the only suspension changes are the front and rear stabilizer bar links and rear shocks.

Seems not much to upgrade to '02 suspension and IMO, a worthwhile thing to do.

I'm gonna try to order the shocks soon so if I get them installed, I'll let ya know if they were worth it.

Don

On 2001-08-21 11:48, Dave Schotz spewed forth this drivel:
Actually... only suspension change is:

FRONT Sway Bar Links out of Aluminum. (I do not believe the rear end links changed)

REAR Shock Valving.

There was no Spring Changes, and no Sway Bar Changes, front or rear! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

On 2001-08-21 14:34, don527 spewed forth this drivel:

I'm gonna try to order the shocks soon so if I get them installed, I'll let ya know if they were worth it.

Ken Fitchner in Montana, a supporting vendor, has them for about $108 each. I'm doing this soon also (as soon as they finish rebuilding my house... stupid builders...)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I believe that if you replace the airbox or cut a big hole in the front of the old one you'll be so close you won't be able to tell the difference between a 01 or a 02. For a couple of $k's you can do the upper end package (cam, cnc machined heads, full length headers, custom programing) The guy at specterwerks told me he thought 500+ on a LS6.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I still think the '02 Z06 front swaybar is different than the '01. Has anyone been able to confirm that yet?

Thanks!

·
Registered
121 Posts
I did some reasearch on 2002 part numbers and
here are the results:

Confirmed air filter housing cover #12567571

2002 MAF #25341604

2002 FE4 Rear Shocks #10419096 (contradicts someone elses post #10314571) ???

2002 Exhaust (center section w/cats) #10439825

Can someone confirm these numbers?

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Where did you confirm these numbers?

I was the one who said #10314571 and posted that hoping for confirmation from someone here like C4C5.

I got my part number directly from Ken Fitchner's Parts dept and paid for/ordered two of them last week. They emailed saying they should have shipped this past Friday so I'll email them.

If you can share your source please.

don

THRUST said:
I did some reasearch on 2002 part numbers and
here are the results:

2002 FE4 Rear Shocks #10419096 (contradicts someone elses post #10314571) ???

1 - 20 of 36 Posts