Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I'm planning on selling my 2002 EB Z06 in the near future. I need something with more seats, planning on getting a GTO. What do you think is a fair price to ask?

2002 EB Z06. Black interior with the memory seat option and BSM. Just under 13k miles on it. Interior in great shape, exterior in better than average shape, one small paint scuff from a door ding, and some minor scratches on the trunk. Tires are original and still have decent tread left. No mods.

Any info would be appreicated. Thanks!

EB Z

·
Registered
1 Posts
I would agree that $32 to $33 seems to be the going price for a fairly quick sale. I kept wanting to say $26K (only because that is amount in my bank account) and I will drive up from South Florida. :blush: One thing to be aware of is the predictions from other Forum Members that the price may drop off in the coming months because of the C6 and the new Z06. Message is...Do not wait too long to sell/trade it and get your GTO... :eek: ..I will just have to keep saving money for a 2002/2003 EB Z06.... :yeadog:

·
Registered
603 Posts
A really quick sale would be $31-31.5 in our area.
I sold my MY 16k mi, basically perfect '02 for just over that abt 6 mos ago.
Good luck on the sale!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Below are the typical ranges for Z06s for private sale, certainly dealers will try to gauge you more. Some of what will determine where the price falls is new tires or not, GMPP extended warranty and mileage. To me new tires and GMPP extended warranty is a big deal. A set of tires will cost about 1200 with mounting balancing and alignment. I would not buy a car with out a GMPP warranty that still has some time left on it. The warranty has about another $1k or so or value.

I sold my 01 for $29.5K. It was quick silver and mod red interior with 25K miles, 4 new F1SC tires and 1 year left on the GMPP along with some very good performance mods.

01: $28K to $30K
02: $30K to $33K
03: $33K to $36K
04: $36K to $39K

Good luck on your sale.

Don

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
2001Z06 said:
Below are the typical ranges for Z06s for private sale, certainly dealers will try to gauge you more. Some of what will determine where the price falls is new tires or not, GMPP extended warranty and mileage. To me new tires and GMPP extended warranty is a big deal. A set of tires will cost about 1200 with mounting balancing and alignment. I would not buy a car with out a GMPP warranty that still has some time left on it. The warranty has about another $1k or so or value.

I sold my 01 for $29.5K. It was quick silver and mod red interior with 25K miles, 4 new F1SC tires and 1 year left on the GMPP along with some very good performance mods.

01: $28K to $30K
02: $30K to $33K
03: $33K to $36K
04: $36K to $39K

Good luck on your sale.

Don
I agree with Don!

·
Premium Member
1,206 Posts
I sold my stock 02 Z06 three months ago for $35k.

The guy that bought it works a couple of offices away from me at work and didn't even negotiate, said he knew the car and thought it was a fair price.

·
Registered
247 Posts
My boss sold his 02 black coupe w/ 7k miles on it for 35k cash :eek2: Only had aftermarket exhaust on it (Corsa Indys) and not other mods. Surprised the hell out of me when he sold it for that price

·
Registered
42 Posts
As someone who is currently looking for an EB Z06, 30k gets my attention. And that's with reasonable mileage. Mods on the motor or appearance may help or hurt. I may wait just to see what all the hype for the new Z06 does and see if it impacts the price of c5 Z06s. I'm betting it works in my favor.
"So make hay while the sun shines!?"
Please take this from the perspective of a buyer. I am the marketplace you are trying to sell to. :)

·
Registered
474 Posts
Back in December '04 I bought my '02 MY Z with 496 (no typo) miles. Only option not on it is the BSM. I paid $35,350 at a dealer. KBB dealer price at the time was $41k. I'd have to agree w/ the overall opinion that $32 k is fair for a private sale.

If I had to sell the Z to get a performance "family" car w/ more seating then the GTO is the way to go. I think the GTO has one of the best interiors in GM's line-up. I like it much better than the C5 interior.

Good luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts