Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Just throwing this out. Let's just say that we have a very safe place to do a short pull. Say 30 - 120. Between those speeds, which one do you think would win?

Z06 stock
FD - Apexi ECU, Pettit Full Intake, Full exhaust, stock turbos, I'll update this more if need be.

Just quick feedback. Thanks.

JyRO

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
Guys,

Just throwing this out. Let's just say that we have a very safe place to do a short pull. Say 30 - 120. Between those speeds, which one do you think would win?

Z06 stock
FD - Apexi ECU, Pettit Full Intake, Full exhaust, stock turbos, I'll update this more if need be.

Just quick feedback. Thanks.

JyRO
What's your point?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What's your point?
The point would be: Use the feedback provided to catalyze (stir the pot) of this issue so that the likelyhood of this possible face-off would increase.

There is some travel distance (to the safe area) required to hold this face-off. Enough pot stirring will tend to make the logistics surmountable.

Now that I've clarified point, what are your opinions?

JyRO

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
If I had an opinion it would be that the stock Z06 would smoke the rotary engine FD. BUT, I really don't know the capabilities of a rotary engine FD, so my opinion ain't worth much! :lol: Now if that FD had an LS6 in it, it would win easily. (remember, it's all about power to weight, ant the Mazda's are pretty light)!:yeadog:

Jimbo

·
9,755 Posts
...Now if that FD had an LS6 in it, it would win easily. (remember, it's all about power to weight, ant the Mazda's are pretty light)!:yeadog:

Jimbo
They weigh in at about 2800 Lbs IIRC.
So, with the mods, the RX is probably at around 300 - 310 HP while the Z06 is at 3100 Lbs. at 405 HP. You do the math :sneaky: :eek:wnd:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I owned both cars. In my experiance in both this cars. Considering both drivers drive good and doesn't F'up the Z06 will win. The z06 is around 300lbs heavier but with the highier torque the zo6 has it will make up for it. With those mods that the FD has and @ 12-13lbs (tuned) should be around 270-290hp to the wheels and a stock C5 Z06 is around 325-335hp to the wheels. If the FD has the things i'm talking about than the race will be real close.

P.S. Hope you post a video of that run. I'll love to see that race happen.

·
9,755 Posts
I owned both cars. In my experiance in both this cars. Considering both drivers drive good and doesn't F'up the Z06 will win. The z06 is around 300lbs heavier but with the highier torque the zo6 has it will make up for it. With those mods that the FD has and @ 12-13lbs (tuned) should be around 270-290hp to the wheels and a stock C5 Z06 is around 325-335hp to the wheels. If the FD has the things i'm talking about than the race will be real close.

P.S. Hope you post a video of that run. I'll love to see that race happen.
Actually, most stock C5Zs dyno around 350RWHP on average.
http://www.z06vette.com/forums/f115/poll-533-a.html

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Pretty elementary to ballpark ... assuming *someone* has some 1/4 mile time slips on the FD to index ... and on what tires ... tho tires less of a factor from a roll.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Pretty elementary to ballpark ... assuming *someone* has some 1/4 mile time slips on the FD to index ... and on what tires ... tho tires less of a factor from a roll.
Trust me I probably have more experience than you when it comes to rotary's and FD's. I've owned,driven,worked on for about 6 years. And the time slips your looking for are everywhere online especially the mods that this FD has. Where have you been. FD's came out in 1993 in the US. That makes it 17 years old. Trust me theirs lots of info out their on what they can do. lol Plus the guy that made this thread is talking about a roll not 1/4 mile drag, plus he said it will be short pull from 30-120. 1/4 mile time slips wont help you exactly whats going to happen in this type of race. So What is your point? And I was never talking about tires where did you come up with that. FYI your wrong tires is a big factor in a roll. Especially in z06. A 30mph roll can still spin the tires on a stock zo6 w/street tires and loose precious time. Imagine a modified one. With better R compound street/race rear tires or even drag radials will help you in saving you that precious time because it will grab on the road more on sudden torque accelerations and between upshifts. That all factors in, in saving time and getting you to 120mph quicker. Theirs alot more other factors that I can explain that will also help in a roll like the height,width,stiffness of sidewall, & tire pressure of the tires and how wider and bigger tires can be heavier, longer to rotate and give you increased drag that will in total slow you down. But I wont go their said to much already. lol
So DennyM before you accuse me of being pretty elementary to ballpark make sure you know your facts, exactly what your talking about and who your talking to. Twink twice first. Have a good day.

·
Premium Member
6,325 Posts
Whoa there, jrex ... I wasn't "calling you out" ... just prodding the OP, who comes on to "stir the pot" and offers no context. Perhaps he'll respond.
Thanks for the tutorial.
:cheers:

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
Denny, I think you should know in advance that jrex is 23 years old and has 25 years of experience with all facets of automobile ownership and modification.

Once you get to be his age, perhaps you will know as much as he does and can share that knowledge with others as willingly as he does.

Mike

·
Registered
35 Posts
Denny, I think you should know in advance that jrex is 23 years old and has 25 years of experience with all facets of automobile ownership and modification.

Once you get to be his age, perhaps you will know as much as he does and can share that knowledge with others as willingly as he does.

Mike
Again? OMG Like what I said on an other thread.
What is that suppose to mean? Where did you come up with 23? And what does age have to do with it? lol That's pretty ignorant to say if that's another one of your sarcastic jokes. Hope not because that's not cool. Especially towards a new member or members. Plus isn't to some members they want their age to be kept private in this forum. Like mine. I think all of the above shows little respect. I didn't disrespect you so what's up with that.

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts
Again? OMG Like what I said on an other thread.
What is that suppose to mean? Where did you come up with 23? And what does age have to do with it? lol That's pretty ignorant to say if that's another one of your sarcastic jokes. Hope not because that's not cool. Especially towards a new member or members. Plus isn't to some members they want their age to be kept private in this forum. Like mine. I think all of the above shows little respect. I didn't disrespect you so what's up with that.
Relax bro, just pulling your chain. How would I know your age?

I'm just guessing that you are pretty young due to the fact that you signed up very recently and have stated in various threads that *** is the 'best' and that ***is the 'best' and started conducting a few automotive teaching lessons. Based on past experience here, that usually indicates someone in his early twenties.

btw, the sarcasm in a couple of my replies to you was just to try to slow down a bit that educational experience you were sharing on a few of your posts to folks as if they'd never seen a car before. No biggie, really.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Whoa there, jrex ... I wasn't "calling you out" ... just prodding the OP, who comes on to "stir the pot" and offers no context. Perhaps he'll respond.
Thanks for the tutorial.
:cheers:
Why I just put out their just like that because having 1/4 mile drag slips doesn't prove that much because of the stable conditions and stickier track. That's not what this thread was really about. It's about a street race at a unstable condition, inconsistent and a less grippe road. Plus like I said earlier I wasn't talking about tires at all but since you brought it up that's its not a factor in roll race that's what started my whole explanation about why your wrong and why tires is a factor in a roll.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Relax bro, just pulling your chain. How would I know your age?

I'm just guessing that you are pretty young due to the fact that you signed up very recently and have stated in various threads that *** is the 'best' and that ***is the 'best' and started conducting a few automotive teaching lessons. Based on past experience here, that usually indicates someone in his early twenties.

btw, the sarcasm in a couple of my replies to you was just to try to slow down a bit that educational experience you were sharing on a few of your posts to folks as if they'd never seen a car before. No biggie, really.
Still... That's not cool bro. Well was the stuff I was saying wrong or misleading? Well was it? Just trying to offer help and give my 2cents. You expect every member on this forum current/new or every visitor to know this stuff. Matter of fact check this thread out, one of your Original Premium Lifetime Members agrees with me the "the new member".
http://www.z06vette.com/forums/f60/quality-twin-turbo-kits-120196/index2.html

·
9,755 Posts
Why I just put out their just like that because having 1/4 mile drag slips doesn't prove that much because of the stable conditions and stickier track. That's not what this thread was really about. It's about a street race at a unstable condition, inconsistent and a less grippe road. Plus like I said earlier I wasn't talking about tires at all but since you brought it up that's its not a factor in roll race that's what started my whole explanation about why your wrong and why tires is a factor in a roll.

Fact - 1/4 mile times can give you an idea of a car's midrange power, like 0-60 or 0-100 times can as well. Maybe that is why it is always considered/written about/listed/bragged about in every car review.
These are little things called "metrics" that are used to get an idea of "fastness".
:pop:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts