Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the forum and am looking to purchase a zo6 soon. I just checked out a black/black 2002 zo6 from a private seller here in MN. It has 14k miles and is in excellent condition. It is still under warranty until July. I was not able to test drive it due to the recent snow.

I would appreciate any feedback from all of you as far as the price and what I should offer him? I do not want to come in too low for fear of not being taken seriously, but I do not want to be taken to the cleaners, either.

Thanks all! Love the forum!

·
Registered
5,754 Posts
First of all........welcome to the site. Now about that Z06, if it is in the condition you would expect from a low mileage car then buy it, drive it and get used to that permanent smile on your face! :p

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
That sounds like an offer worth looking into. But things are usually not what they seem. Do your homework. Do a search on this site about what to look for. Take someone with you who knows about Z's and what to look for in a used one. And be very sure and confident that they know what they are talking about. Because it's your money not theirs. I just bought an 04, but looked at many Z's that were advertised as one thing and turned out to be not something I would want. Good Luck! :z:

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
That sounds like a good deal but I'd still try to find out as much as I could about the cars history first. At the very least, get a carfax report to see if it's been in any wrecks. Definitely do a test drive also, whatever the weather, to see if it's got any rattles, squeaks, or other things that could become problems for you later on. Good luck. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
NewZO6 said:
That sounds like a good deal but I'd still try to find out as much as I could about the cars history first. At the very least, get a carfax report to see if it's been in any wrecks. Definitely do a test drive also, whatever the weather, to see if it's got any rattles, squeaks, or other things that could become problems for you later on. Good luck. :cheers:
Exactly :guiness:
Good luck. :guiness:

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Have a dealer run the Vin# to see if any work was done to the Z under warranty. That is a good starting point, plus find out if the owner kept all maintenance history records. Put it on a lift and check the underside for any leaks or damage. Drive it for a good distance at different speeds and different conditions. After that you should have a better idea of the condition of the car. Don't rush into a purchase without doing all your homework.
Good Luck

Jack

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
It not a steal, but it's a fair price if it's a Cherry. As suggested above have any GM Dealer run the Vin number. Let us know if you buy it!! :z:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Do a lot of homework about the ones available. I bought one found on E-bay. Just to give you an idea, I paid $29,100 for 02 blk/blk in Oct. 04 with 15,086 miles in excellent condition.
Good Luck

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just bought an 02 EB Z06 with 7K miles on it for $33k two weeks ago. It was a little more than I was really wanting to spend, but the car is near flawless. Good luck, I don't regret it one bit. ;)

·
Registered
70 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
The price is very fair. Like anything you can always find better deals, but the price is slightly lower than market value IMO. Of course Car faX/ dealer history is always very important.

Look closely at the paint behind the front wheels and around the rear brake ducts. This is a common area to get small paint chips. On black, the paint finish shows more flaws. I guess it depends on how critical you are.

Talk with the owner about driving habits (was he a racer ect.)If the tires are original you should have a fair idea how it was driven. In MN I would expect he stored it during part of the winter, how long ect..... Rock/salt = bad news on these cars!

I have an 02 and have not had any problems at all. Most people take exceptional care of these cars, some use them for racing. Try to get a read from the owner what he used it for.

If it checks out to you satisfaction, the price is good. Remember the new C6 Z's are going to be 70K +, helping our resale a little.

Mark

1 - 12 of 12 Posts