Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2003 ZO6
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has ....245/49/18 .....285/35/19 installed with what appears to be reproduction ZO6 wheels. No problems
I like the look. I need some expert advise from the members on wheel sizes and tire sizes for AutoX and
track days. I don't want to throw any codes or have clearance issues. Thanks for everyone's help on previous questions.
My intentions are to change wheels when going to a track day or AutoX day then back for street.

· Super Moderator
706 Posts
On another board I have read many posts about autocross guys going 315's square setup on 18 or 19" wheels. Not sure of the aspect ration or spacers but that is what I see them use a lot.

· Registered
2003 ZO6
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
for wheels, a set of four 18x10.5” rears with 295 Yokohama or Bridgestone would be my suggestion. If you want new wheels, Apex is a good choice and you can fit 11” on all four corners. (That is what I run)
Thanks I think Ill get a hold of Apex and see what they have. Did using same size all around have any effect on the handling positive or negative?

· Super Moderator
706 Posts
Squaring up your wheel and tire combination should remove understeer. But remember there are a lot of other factors like shocks, springs, swaybars etc. But in general you will have some oversteer with a square setup and need to be ready to drive with that in mind.

· Registered
2 Posts
Thanks I think Ill get a hold of Apex and see what they have. Did using same size all around have any effect on the handling positive or negative?
There are a lot of variables, but all else equal, it will shift the balance a little to reduce understeer. One of the biggest benefits is the ability to rotate tires front/rear.

· Registered
2 Posts
I put 19X10.5 GLOSS BLACK PAINTED FLOW ONE RACE SPEC F4 wheels with 295/30ZR19 MICHELIN PILOT SPORT CUP 2 CONNECT (240) 240 AA A tires for the rear and
18X9.5 GLOSS BLACK PAINTED FLOW ONE RACE SPEC F4 wheels with
265/35ZR18 MICHELIN PILOT SPORT CUP 2 CONNECT (240) 240 AA A tires for the front of my '02 Z. These tires are really sticky. Had no problems with interference except a slight rub on the aftermarket front brake cooling ducts. The stock tires rubbed those too. Bought them mounted and balanced from tire rack. Bolted them on with new track brakes and headed for Road America. It was a great day!

· Premium Member
2003 Quicksilver Z06
31 Posts
I put 19X10.5 GLOSS BLACK PAINTED FLOW ONE RACE SPEC F4 wheels with 295/30ZR19 MICHELIN PILOT SPORT CUP 2 CONNECT (240) 240 AA A tires for the rear and
18X9.5 GLOSS BLACK PAINTED FLOW ONE RACE SPEC F4 wheels with
265/35ZR18 MICHELIN PILOT SPORT CUP 2 CONNECT (240) 240 AA A tires for the front of my '02 Z. These tires are really sticky. Had no problems with interference except a slight rub on the aftermarket front brake cooling ducts. The stock tires rubbed those too. Bought them mounted and balanced from tire rack. Bolted them on with new track brakes and headed for Road America. It was a great day!
Haven't AutoX'd mine in years, but when I did it was with the stock tires. Only problem I had was with the skid pad (gripped instead of skid) -- which is likely what yr über sticky tires do.

· Registered
2003 ZO6
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all comments after these and multiple YouTube videos, other forum comments decided to stay with my Speedline GM 19 rear 18 front
with Toyo R888R. I will only have a few Autox and maybe a track day or two in the upcoming years. I had previous good experience with these tires on my other cars.
Again thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts