Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read many different things about the 2003 C5 and ZO6 vettes.

The LS1 will be receiving another HP boost to 365 and 365 ft lbs. of torque. This would be nice.

The LS6, ZO6 will be receiving a boost to 425 HP and 425 ft lbs!!

I also heard of a beast called LS-88.
My guess is from the thought of the monster L-88 from the sixties.

The LS-88 is rumored to be in direct competition with the new 2003 Dodge Viper which puts out 500 HP & 500 ft lbs.

It's rumored to be a monster with 520 HP and 520 ft lbs.
A small block 427 CID engine produced by LPE, shipped to the plant and inserted into the cars. It will probably cost as much as the Viper to I would guess. Around 75k or more.

If any of this is true, 2003 is going to be a very good year for Corvette.

Has anyone heard anything about these Vette upgrades?
Or is it false?

Let me know.
:D

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
All I can say

Is if these "RUMORS", come to fruition, then there are going to be a TON of aftermarket suppliers sucking WIND...............
The 425 HP pkg, would by itself eliminate a ton of mods.........
To me, this would be the perfect power combo for the C5 platform, provided they make some adjustments in the suspension.
It would be ridiculously easy to get the Z to 425........a simple cam change/rockers combo could do it..........

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
1fastdog says: "IMHO there will be no HP changes for Corvette in 2003."

That's the way I hear it too. The anniversary editions will only be available for hatchbacks and convertibles and no hp changes for any of the vettes.

The last I heard that the C6 has been delayed a bit but is still hoped to be available for model year 2004. If there is any change to the standard vette it will not happen until model year 2004. The Z06 will lag by at least one model year, have reduced weight (2800 lbs dry,) and increased hp somewhere in the neighborhood of 450hp maybe a little more if we are lucky.

How was that Frank (I know nuttin') Calmes?

Don

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Re: All I can say

ZO6LS6 said:
It would be ridiculously easy to get the Z to 425........a simple cam change/rockers combo could do it..........
An 02 would get to 425 FWHP with just a very good aftermarket intake system on it :D.

Actually, alot of bone stock 2002 Zs are dynoing at ~350 to 360 RWHP now, which translates to ~412 to 423 RWHP now :eek:.

·
Registered
666 Posts
RUMORS, RUMORS...........

All rumors, I won't believe any of the rumors about 425HP, LS88, etc. until announced by GM.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Insider Report

I received an e-mail last week that the company that makes the transaxles in North Carolina are beefing it up for a lot more torque. I deleted the e-mail and I can't quote it exactly but that's the general drift. That sort of indicates GM is going to put more horsepower somewhere soon.:z:

·
Registered
50 Posts
I've read a rumor (previously on this board) of the 03' Vette having the C6 rear suspension. IF that is true, the axles being larger or designed differently may have something to do with that.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Zee Oh

'02's making 350/360 rwhp NOW, translates to......412/423 rwhp now.............I think you MEAN crank HP,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
12 Posts
I personally hope that all the rumors regarding the 50th Anniversary Z06 are true because that’s the one I’ve got my eye on! :D

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
I'm guessing there will be no hp increase in the '03 Vet.

However, at a local Vet club meeting one of the guest speakers (either Dave McClelland or John Juriga, I forget which) said their is still more hp easily available in the current LS6 engine. :D

For those new to Corvettes....Dave is retired from GM where he served as Chief Engineer for Corvette from 1975-1992, and John Juriga is currently the Asst Chief Engineer for V8 passenger car engines at GM Powertrain.

Zippy :z: :z:

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
ZIPSTER

"There's more H P left",..................................................................................................................YEAH.........WE know THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: ;)

Wonder if they need HELP finding it????????:lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts