Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a dual flow air intake, carbon fiber duct, and replaced the accordian tube with a straight one. After driving some time my engine light came on. The dealer said it is due to the after market air system changing the long term fuel trim #'s to 25% (to rich). When they unplugged the sensor the #'s dropped down to where they belong 0-5%. Any suggestions the car only has 8000 miles? Would a granetelli air sensor fix this? I called West Coast Corvettes they had no solution.
:-?

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Welcome Aboard the Good Ship Z06 :z: :z:

I'm not a fan of the Granatelli Mass air Flow sensor. Pretty much A waste of money IMO. I would put the stock air cleaner back on and see what your fuel trims are. If they are normal (in range) I would send the dual flow air intake back to West Coast. Those things don't add any performance anyhow. They have caused many folks drive-ability problems. Save your money and do the stock air box mod or buy a Vararam.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
If you want to keep the new intake, then take your car and have it tuned with LS1/Ls6 edit. It will make more power after all said is done :usa: :usa:

·
Registered
30 Posts
The dual cone intakes don't seem to be a problem when running a screened MAF but many people have had the same issue when running the screenless MAF. The general concensus is that the merged tube design causes too much turbulence, which in turn causes the MAF to read inaccurately. I had the twin tube design on my 99 hardtop (screened MAF) and had no issues. When I upgraded to LS6 heads and intake components, I went with the Blackwing, and never had a problem. I never ran the twin tube with the screenless MAF, because I had read that others had the same problem you are experiencing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts