Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Recently picked up a 2003 Z06, 24k miles. I have noticed when I go to fill up, I have to hold the pump and sort of figure out how far I need to pull the lever for the car to accept gas.

If I lock it and let it go stops itself over and over again. Is this a common thing? And is there something I can do to fix it? Same thing happens on my '99 Ranger, lol. Can't seem to find anything on this on the web for the C5 Z. Thanks for any help you can give!

Ben

·
Super Moderator
685 Posts
I have that same problem in my truck and sometimes in my ZL1. The Z06 seems fine. Is it always the same station or any of them?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, I was wondering if might be the nozzle types and some vehicles don't vent well enough
It's possible...I was told that some pumps may pump gas to quickly which leads to too much back pressure? Kinda weird though.
It's not a huge deal, the tank still accepts gas, just takes a bit longer. Was just hoping there would be an easy fix for it or something

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey Guys,

Recently picked up a 2003 Z06, 24k miles. I have noticed when I go to fill up, I have to hold the pump and sort of figure out how far I need to pull the lever for the car to accept gas.

If I lock it and let it go stops itself over and over again. Is this a common thing? And is there something I can do to fix it? Same thing happens on my '99 Ranger, lol. Can't seem to find anything on this on the web for the C5 Z. Thanks for any help you can give!

Ben
Yes, i have that issue. Every station IFF you live in a state with that vacuum hose thing. I insert the nozzel 180 degree inverted (upside down) to prevent it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, i have that issue. Every station IFF you live in a state with that vacuum hose thing. I insert the nozzel 180 degree inverted (upside down) to prevent it.
I'll give that a try! I'm in NJ, so they don't even let us pump our own gas here...LOL. But when the gas attendant is struggling to get gas in I end up just getting out and helping.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts