Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here's the deal guys. My dad is about ready for paint on his 1934 Ford with a Chevy 385 (Fast Burn) and a fiberglass body. It makes 385 hp and 385 torque I believe. It is mated to an automatic transmission. I have a 2003 Z06 that is completely stock except for cold air intake. My dad seems to think that his car will beat mine in the 1/4 mile. I really have no idea how much his car will weigh when it is complete. Thats the only thing that worries me. What do you think?

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
It will be a good race, but your Dad is going down. :cheers:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tires

We will both be on street tires. I think he's going with some Nittos and I'll probably be buying some Kumhos or Toyos in the next 2 months or so. His car should be ready to roll sometime after September. I really think this might be a very interesting race!...he really is talking alot of s#&@ haha.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Beware of old men in fast cars. Check out my name.

BTW, Nitto Rll extreme streets are a super choice for that Z06 of yours.

I have a 2003 w/Maggi/cam, etc @ 580 HP. The nittos are unbelievable, especally when the weather and roads are warm.

·
Registered
4,542 Posts
Weight and traction, as mentioned, will likely be the difference---given that everything else is equal. :)

The thing I smile at is the fact that the choice for the motor the Ford would receive---why, Chevy, of course!! Swaps like this were very common even when these cars were not that old. :ity:

The SBC is truly a legend!! :cheers:

PLEASE, PLEASE get videos when this happens. :jammin: :jammin:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Video

Oh I'm sure mom will be in the stands with the camera!...the first weight figure posted scared the crap outa me!...I hope it is much heavier than that. It will be a full fendered car with a 2.5 inch chop on the roof. With everything being equal, my dad is a better driver. He grew up in the hot rod era racing his 56 Chevy, Nova, and restored and raced his 69 Camaro. If all is equal his driving skills will beat me without a doubt. I guess its basically reaction time that matters with an auto tranny though. Yeah the more I think about this, the more interesting it becomes.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Enviroag02 said:
Oh I'm sure mom will be in the stands with the camera!...the first weight figure posted scared the crap outa me!...I hope it is much heavier than that. It will be a full fendered car with a 2.5 inch chop on the roof. With everything being equal, my dad is a better driver. He grew up in the hot rod era racing his 56 Chevy, Nova, and restored and raced his 69 Camaro. If all is equal his driving skills will beat me without a doubt. I guess its basically reaction time that matters with an auto tranny though. Yeah the more I think about this, the more interesting it becomes.
A family that races together stays together. You are going to race your dad and mom's in the stands filming the race. Doesn't get any better than that. You must be very proud of your parents and I'm sure they are proud of you. By the way, you are going to kick his a$$.

D.J. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts