Corvette Z06 Forum banner

2003 Z06

4K views 43 replies 26 participants last post by  AquaZR1 
#1 ·
I am new to this forum, so forgive me if I ask a stupid question.

Is the 2003 Z06 going to be a 50th anniversary edition? I want to buy a Z06, but I am waiting for that. Any thoughts, comments?

#2 ·
If I remember correctly, a recent post by Hib Halverson on this issue, the '03 Z06 will NOT be one the Anniversary cars offered, nor should we expect any significant power changes for '03. Anniversary models will be limited to coupes and verts - I guess the '03 Z06 will be little changed, if this info is accurate.

Hib, if I got this wrong, lemme know!!

#3 ·
BLEUBYU,

That's the way I understand it too. Because of significant interior modifications for the Anniversary Edition, I was told it would not be a Z06 option,

iispms,

Welcome to the forum. Lots of C /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif L CATS here!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

#4 ·

On 2001-07-13 13:13, fcalmes spewed forth this drivel:
BLEUBYU,

That's the way I understand it too. Because of significant interior modifications for the Anniversary Edition, I was told it would not be a Z06 option,

iispms,

Welcome to the forum. Lots of <B>C /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif L CATS
here!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

</B>
Uh huh--but more power will be on tap---and donot forget those non-pop up headlights and a hood scoop top boot

#5 ·
I heard rumors of 425 - 450hp for 2003... but nothing to backup those rumors.

If they can pull 480 horsepower and 475 lb-ft of torque out of a 6.6 litre LS1 V8 in the Concept Silverado SS... anything can happen with the LS6/Z06!

/phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

#7 ·
The 04' Corvette C6 is supposed to get a 425HP engine. I don't think that GM would bore out the engine from 5.7 to 6.0, in the same generation at least. The C6 will most likely get the non-pop-up headlights and more exterior and interior modifications.

#8 ·

On 2001-07-13 20:52, Y2K2Z06 spewed forth this drivel:

That would be nice, but I don't think it is NOT going to happen. Although I have been hearing rumors, still following them up.

Let me tell you a little story that many of you don't know. Zippy and I have a VERY special friend on the Corvette Team in Detroit. The 2002 originally was not suppose to have 405 HP!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif The engineers asked for 400 HP for 2002, but when the engine came back with the modifications requested, they were pleasantly suprised at the 405 HP.

Don't expect a lot of changes for the '03 Z06!! But.. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif .. Watch out when the C6 Z06 hits the streets about 12-18 months after the C6 Coupe is introduced!! Start saving your pennies..VIPER KILLER!! I can't give anymore details. Just wait!!

Frank Quicksilver 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, B&B PRT's with Speedway Tips, Ripper Shifter with Momo Knob, Chrome Z06 Wheels

Sherylann Black 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, Chrome Z06 Wheels

#9 ·
Uh Oh, Viper killer huh. We know whats gonna happen now. Dodge is gonna have to upgrade the viper again but the only problem is the viper costs waaaaaaay too much. who would buy a viper for 80-90 when for 60-70 for the 04 you can modify it a little bit and get much more out of it. You can buy a 01 Z for 50 and put a supercharger on it or twin turbos and nothing will beat it /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif;) /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

#12 ·

On 2001-07-13 22:04, fcalmes spewed forth this drivel:
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD>Quote:</font><HR NOSHADE SIZE=1 COLOR=AAAAAA></TD></TR><TR><TD><BLOCKQUOTE><B>

That would be nice, but I don't think it is going to happen.

Let me tell you a little story that many of you don't know. Zippy and I have a VERY special friend on the Corvette Team in Detroit. The 2002 originally was not suppose to have 405 HP!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif The engineers asked for 400 HP for 2002, but when the engine came back with the modifications requested, they were pleasantly suprised at the 405 HP.

Don't expect a lot of changes for the '03 Z06!! But.. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif .. Watch out when the C6 Z06 hits the streets about 12-18 months after the C6 Coupe is introduced!! Start saving your pennies..VIPER KILLER!! I can't give anymore details. Just wait!!

</B></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR NOSHADE SIZE=1 COLOR=AAAAAA></TD></TR></TABLE><< Frank is right on the mark!!!

#13 ·

On 2001-07-13 12:24, iispms spewed forth this drivel:
I am new to this forum, so forgive me if I ask a stupid question.

Is the 2003 Z06 going to be a 50th anniversary edition? I want to buy a Z06, but I am waiting for that. Any thoughts, comments?
Welcome to the forum! Good to have you here with all these other Vett nuts!

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

#14 ·

On 2001-07-13 22:04, fcalmes spewed forth this drivel:
<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD>Quote:</font><HR NOSHADE SIZE=1 COLOR=AAAAAA></TD></TR><TR><TD><BLOCKQUOTE><B>

That would be nice, but I don't think it is going to happen.

</B></BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR NOSHADE SIZE=1 COLOR=AAAAAA></TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't worry Frank,

I'll stick with the 02' Z06.......for now, at least.

#15 ·

On 2001-07-13 22:16, fcalmes spewed forth this drivel:
That clown shoe would have to shed a few hundred pounds to keep up with the C6 Z06!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif
That's exactly what the "ASS WIPER" looks like.

I've also heard people refer to as a Honda S2000, with a slight price increase /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif ...and the illegitimate child of a Ferrari 360 Modena and an S2000. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

#16 ·
[/quote]...Don't expect a lot of changes for the '03 Z06!! But.. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif .. Watch out when the C6 Z06 hits the streets about 12-18 months after the C6 Coupe is introduced!! Start saving your pennies..VIPER KILLER!! I can't give anymore details. Just wait!![/quote]

What exactly is not "a lot" of changes for the 03 Z06. Do we get to 425hp or does it stay at 405? What other changes might there be?

#17 ·
Words of advice,Buy now.Now is the moment.If your always waiting for the latest and greatest you may wait forever.I'm waiting for my 02 and going to drive it like a "BAT OUT OF HELL".After break in of course.G /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif P.S. this is just my opinion do what you want.

#18 ·

On 2001-08-22 14:01, Torched spewed forth this drivel:
Words of advice,Buy now.Now is the moment.If your always waiting for the latest and greatest you may wait forever.I'm waiting for my 02 and going to drive it like a "BAT OUT OF HELL".After break in of course.G /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif P.S. this is just my opinion do what you want.

I agree, but I just want the most powerful stock c5 before they go away forever.

#25 ·
Hey Frank, I thought you know nuttin! :D

I can't afford to keep getting new cars every 2 or 3 years...help, it's a sickness. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.