Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Well that's good I won't have to shot myself again this year.
;)

·
Registered
224 Posts
wait a sec, i was reading that post, is 2004 going to be a totally new vette body style? Makes ya almost wana wait:) Anyone got any pics or sketches on the new vette? Thanks

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Accord said:
wait a sec, i was reading that post, is 2004 going to be a totally new vette body style? Makes ya almost wana wait:) Anyone got any pics or sketches on the new vette? Thanks
You must be a recent convert to Corvettes. There's been a lot of discussion and speculation about what's coming. 2003 will be an anniversary year, and Chevy will do something special to commemorate it. 2004 will mark a redesign of the Corvette .. the C6. There's a section on C6 speculation on corvetteforum.com. There's also been discussion other places, plus a few drawings have shown up in the media.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Jerry Velders said:

You must be a recent convert to Corvettes. There's been a lot of discussion and speculation about what's coming. 2003 will be an anniversary year, and Chevy will do something special to commemorate it. 2004 will mark a redesign of the Corvette .. the C6. There's a section on C6 speculation on corvetteforum.com. There's also been discussion other places, plus a few drawings have shown up in the media.

Uh, don't forget vetteC6.com... soon to be the premiere C6 site!

Right JC? ;)

·
Registered
5,442 Posts

Just makes me glad I didn't wait for a 2003 ZO6 I would only have a short time to enjoy it befor the new C-6s came out. I would have liked the ZO6 to also be an annaversary model, but since it isn't I will enjoy my 2002 Electron Blue. It is a beautiful color. I heard the 2003 anna car will be white gold...white with alot of gold metalic in it. White for the 1953 white vette and gold for the golden annversary 50 years.

Sanford

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Sanford:

FWIW....A little birdie told me the 50th will be red. :D

Zippy :z: :z:

·
Registered
362 Posts
In 03 the new self leveling suspension will be called TEC TRONIC(SP).Active handling will be even more refined and subtle.No 6.0 lliter engine until 04.

·
Registered
206 Posts
If they offer 425 HP or so for the 03 Z06---I am in. Besides, I learned the hard way never to buy the first and maybe second year in a new series vette, IMHO:cheers:

·
Registered
171 Posts
The C6 has been slipped to the 2005 model year.

I don't think we're going to see any significant changes to the engine between then and now.

Best info I have continues to have the 03 Z06 being a separate model from the 03 50th Anniversary car.

As for the C6 rear suspension or some form of active ride on the last years of the C5, Hill has spoken a couple of times in recent months (including an interview I did with him last May) about technology of C6 that's going to be pulled ahead into C5 *but* he's never more specific as to what that technology might be.

I think with C6 being delayed a year there is more of a chance of that coming true than ever but, again, no one knows at this point what that C6 technology will be.

I can make a good guess---it won't be the Gen IV engine. The LS6 will remain about 405hp. My guess is it will be something related to ride-and-handling. Given the choice between a new rear suspension and some form of active ride, I'd figure on the latter because it is more interesting from a marketing perspective.

·
Premium Member
20,625 Posts
Hib Halverson said:
The C6 has been slipped to the 2005 model year.
I don't think we're going to see any significant changes to the engine between then and now.
Thank the Lord!!! :yeadog: :yeadog: I have five years to pay off my 01, and it'll be the second year of the C6 :z:

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Buy a 2002 ZO6 and enjoy

I figured that with the economy and all that it would be hard to bring on a new Corvette. Makes my decision to have a 2002 a great decision. Most important is that it is a great car. Like Hill said if you don't get out of the car with a grin on your face there could be something wrong with you. Thats not his exact words, but you get the idea. I quess it isn't broken so why change it. Not to mention that there is no more 0% after the 18th of this month. Sales I believe will slow down, but then again if after the 50th anniversary model the next year will not be a new design maybe they figure that might help sales. It is all about the money.

Looks like I will have a current model for another year. Congratulations to all the C-5 Corvette owners.:) :) :) :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Grand Sport

and Collectors edition cars in 2004...how about that? Wouldn't that be a greart send - off and sales promotion for the last year of the C5? Sounds good too me what about you? Thanks for reading this. Bob Lutz just got a promotion at GM. He is the new North American chairman in charge of making the GM cars look better. He is renowned for his bluntness as for his design acumen: he calls things the way he sees them. When he talks things change fast.:) :) :) :guiness: :guiness:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts