Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Z06 Tech Advisor
1,807 Posts
Easy as the fill and drains plugs are in right/rear

More about what you use to get new fluid in being it is thicker then tranny fluid via
the upper drain plug.

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Just make sure you drive the car and get the fluid good and warm before attempting to drain it. The warmer it is will make it easier to get most of the old fluid out of there. Depending on what you use to replace it, don't forget to add a small bottle of GM's LSD additive.

Jimbo

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
Just make sure you drive the car and get the fluid good and warm before attempting to drain it. The warmer it is will make it easier to get most of the old fluid out of there. Depending on what you use to replace it, don't forget to add a small bottle of GM's LSD additive.

Jimbo
:i_agree:

And after you change the fluid, find an empty parking lot and do a bunch of figure 8's to work it in.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Use a syringe with long flexible tube to fill it. Takes some time and patience, but it works and keeps things clean.

Depending on the fluid you use, you may or may not need the additive. Fill it, do some figure 8's at low speed, if it sort of grinds on sharp turns after that, add the additive. If it doesn't you don't need it. I used Amsoil Slip Lock in mine when I needed the additive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts